What happed SVN to GIT don't understand help!
Too bad that the svn's are now on github, that site is seriously horrid and quite untidy.

Sponsored links

The advantages of Git over Subversion outweight the poor design decisions of the github people.
It would be a great idea to continue the classic decimal revision numbers like in the Dolphin Git master branch, it makes handling and testing of different files much more easy.

To all the IT professionals here, why not build another official Buildbot for easy Git downloading of pcsx2 revisions? EmuCR should not be the only source to get binaries.
(04-07-2014, 01:26 PM)etking Wrote: To all the IT professionals here, why not build another official Buildbot for easy Git downloading of pcsx2 revisions? EmuCR should not be the only source to get binaries.

request #1337... The IT professional Orphis takes care about this when he has a sufficient amount of time.
(04-07-2014, 01:26 PM)etking Wrote: It would be a great idea to continue the classic decimal revision numbers like in the Dolphin Git master branch, it makes handling and testing of different files much more easy.

To all the IT professionals here, why not build another official Buildbot for easy Git downloading of pcsx2 revisions? EmuCR should not be the only source to get binaries.

EmuCR isn't the only source. I make builds here now http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-SVN...ilds-by-me

You can also build it yourself, which is really easy. You can even get a free trial of VS2013 full, or you can use the express version too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-07-2014, 01:22 PM)gigaherz Wrote: The advantages of Git over Subversion outweight the poor design decisions of the github people.

this out weights the fact if gona be harder to track down which build something went wrong with?
No, all builds are going to get tagged with a timestamp, so that it's easy to sort them by date, and with the commit hash (TODO), so that you can find the exact commit. And if you work with source, "git bisect" is an extremely powerful tool. In fact, I believe the "simple" revision numbering was the only advantage Svn provided. So yes, the advantages greatly outweight the drawbacks. I'm sorry if you don't agree.
I think the pcsx -r5904 was stable,the latter version has many problems,so i don't update the pcsx2
(04-08-2014, 12:43 AM)gigaherz Wrote: No, all builds are going to get tagged with a timestamp, so that it's easy to sort them by date, and with the commit hash (TODO), so that you can find the exact commit. And if you work with source, "git bisect" is an extremely powerful tool. In fact, I believe the "simple" revision numbering was the only advantage Svn provided. So yes, the advantages greatly outweight the drawbacks. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

im not the one coding so it dont really matter to me, as long as there gona some sorta of means to track where things went wrong granted revision number was easiest way to track this but time stamp works too even if it a lil more complicated then simply revision number going up.
(04-08-2014, 12:55 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: im not the one code so it dont really matter to me, as long as there gona some sorta of means to track where things went wrong.

Oh, sure!

- I think GSdx is leaking memory somewhere between revisions #hdik2x3 and #kj8xok2
- Uhh.