What happened to PCSX2 performance?
Metroid prime 1/2 and the withcer 3 aren't emulated PS2 games ?
I wonder how this is a relevant comparison ? o_O
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

How is it not relevant is the question. Every time I've tried borderless windowed for gaming it was an inferior experience, so why would pcsx2 be the only exception? Dolphin is am emulator like pcsx2, Witcher 3 is a native PC game and still gives me problems. It would be weird to not see a difference with pcsx2, not the other way around. Stuttering in Dolphin in windowed mode but not exclusive fullscreen mode...stuttering in pcsx2 windowed/borderless mode, and which has no exclusive fullscreen mode. I'm not even saying lack of exclusive fullscreen is the only problem here, but it's obviously suspect.
because different original hardware, different emulators, different behaviours.
as you already know, comparing dolphin & native pc gaming to pcsx2 is a full nonsense. At least because pcsx2 is heavily CPU dependant while pc gaming & Dolphin are more gpu dependant
Everything is rending graphics in a window through various APIs in Windows. That's ridiculous to say I can't predict pcsx2 would run smoother in exclusive fullscreen just because it isn't LITERALLY Dolphin or a PC game. I'm not 100% sure it would make things better, but it's highly likely to. The comparison is perfectly fine.

"comparing dolphin & native pc gaming to pcsx2 is a full nonsense" this statement is actually complete nonsense. I'm really irritated because it's so obvious but I can't find the right set of words to explain why, it's just that obvious you're incorrect.

Your argument is akin to saying this: Grandma has a computer that is very slow due to an old and aging hard drive. Every program she uses is very slow to load. She wants to download a new program she's never used called Google Chrome, but she thinks it will be slow to load too. But wait, she's never used Google Chrome, so how can she REALLY KNOW it will be slow too? She can't, because Google Chrome is it's own program! It isn't LITERALLY Internet Explorer, or LITERALLY Adobe Acrobat so no, she's wrong to make that comparison and prediction!
ok.

So, if i got it correctly, you know what the problem is : you get bad performances because pcsx2 lacks exclusive full screen.
If you know what the problem is then this thread isn't going anywhere.

pcsx2 doesn't have exclusive full screen.
means there is no solution to your problem

Sorry for you
I just highly suspect it making a difference in some way. All I said earlier was that I've had problems with windowed and borderless in the past. There might be something else up too that I'm unaware off.

The fact that pcsx2 doesn't have exclusive fullscreen is a problem. That alone deserves attention until it gets solved. Unless someone could educate me on why it's actually that difficult to implement?
I know there's some tension here, so please don't take anything I'm saying as argumentative. I just played a few races in Burnout 3 and experienced no lag or stutters. I started off with 3x internal resolution, using OpenGL Hardware. Then I cranked settings up higher, seeing if I could get the game to slow down. Everything was fine and I never experienced any slowdowns in the game at all. And my system appears to be less powerful. I'm using a latest GIT version of pcsx2. I don't understand why you're having problems, but I can't get it to stutter or slow down even when I try
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
because there is no solution to his problem, as i stated above.

this isn't going anywhere.
the OP knows his/her problem, knows the solution better than anyone else, and just made a thread to rant about exclusive full screen mode.

no need to go further