What is the CrossFire/SLI support like?
Does it have a positive/negative/neutral affect on fps? Does it introduce new bugs?

Sponsored links

I am no expert but currently CrossFire/SLI aren't used or supported. I believe PCSX2 simply uses the main GPU and ignored the other. I have not heard of any issues with having a dual GPU system and using PCSX2.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I'm not familiar with CrossFire/SLI. Are you able to select one over the other or is it treated as one GPU?
The SVN versions allow you to go in the GSdx plugin settings and select the gpu to be used.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not an expert in crossfire/sli either, but when I lived with my roommate he had dual nvidia 680 and there was a setting in the nvidia settings for "older" games that could force sli to alternate rendering frames - at your own peril.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
PCSX2 doesn't officially support Xfire/SLI. It probably won't for some time, or ever. There was someone here earlier this year who was toying with custom profiles and he made a little progress, but generally it's not worth the hassle. Modern day mid-tier and above GPU's are just fine for PCSX2 emulation.
I use a dual GPU and it runs fine.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
The primary benefit of crossfire/sli is in additional GPU and shader cores. PCSX2 does not make a whole lot of use of either due to how PS2 graphics works (PS2 had small but very fast V-ram and just constantly uploaded new data which is the antithesis of PC hardware which is lots of V-ram with a relatively slow ((not compared to PS2, but in general)) bandwidth meant to hold lots of video data at a time). SLI/xfire does not improve on memory bandwidth.

Since current SLI/xfire implementations work on the principle of processing 1 frame each (or half of each frame, still the same principle) each GPU has to have an exact copy of everything into each GPUs ram. That means transfers have to be identical, filling up each GPU with identical data and squandering any bandwidth improvements that could technically be possible.

With a lot of tweaking, it may be possible to get something to work... but the benefit would be minimal and the chance of graphical glitches increases dramatically.
[Image: 2748844.png]