What is the highest internal resolution possible?
Ugh wrong person edited the original comment to reflect that

Sponsored links

It does mess up a few games(MSAA) but not as many as simply upscaling in the first place even does lol. Anyway, about 90% of games that I have personally tried MSAA works fine with. I had issues with it and Kingdom Hearts, and SMT : Persona 4, but that's all so far.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
So in theory every game could be rendered fine with the highest resolution that both software-side (emulator) and hardware-side (the actual GPU capabilities/RAM/etc.) could support with full-speed, which is over 8,000 pixels?

So a build where, say, GPU shares mainboard memory with CPU, and mainboard memory is beyond enough (16/32 GB GDDR5/DDR4), GPU would never choke(with memory needs at least). The problem seems to be the sampling done by the emulator in software per-se, not the hardware rendering it from the actual GPU(with broken/glitchy graphic).

Oh, and when rendering on software-mode, how exactly is that differing from hardware mode in the case of rendering game data (specifically with GPU emulation and the GPU itself)?

PCSX2 is complex and many years of work, but its bare essentials are the same as any load-store emulation architecture.
(08-16-2014, 09:55 PM)StupidChipper Wrote: So in theory every game could be rendered fine with the highest resolution that both software-side (emulator) and hardware-side (the actual GPU capabilities/RAM/etc.) could support with full-speed, which is over 8,000 pixels?

So a build where, say, GPU shares mainboard memory with CPU, and mainboard memory is beyond enough (16/32 GB GDDR5/DDR4), GPU would never choke(with memory needs at least). The problem seems to be the sampling done by the emulator in software per-se, not the hardware rendering it(with broken/glitchy graphic).

Oh, and when rendering on software-mode, how exactly is that differing from hardware mode in the case of rendering game data (specifically with GPU emulation and the GPU itself).

your monitor has a native resolution, commonly it's maximal possible resolution as well. There is no way it could display greater resolution so what happens is you render the game at greater resolution and it is scaled down to fit the monitor just afterwards... some say this brings some quality gain, I won't bother with this.

The main difference between hardware mode and software mode (in the current context) is the second is not fit to upscale resolution at all, you are bond to native. The reason is obvious, no CPU can cope with the task.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I have an Ultra HD TV, so no quality would really be lost.
(08-17-2014, 01:58 AM)StupidChipper Wrote: I have an Ultra HD TV, so no quality would really be lost.

Then you'll get the best of around 4k resolution, the point in previous posts was to show that is not about the highest possible resolution but the best for your hardware.

Of course you'll need computing power to get there without sacrificing performance.
Any display devices that can truly get 8k with no downscaling at all?
(08-17-2014, 05:12 PM)StupidChipper Wrote: Any display devices that can truly get 8k with no downscaling at all?

Well, 4k is not mature yet, may take a time till commercial devices come out for such resolution. Expect some really huge screens then.