What is the minimum requirement's for this emulator?
(08-19-2009, 07:15 PM)Raveniac Wrote:
(08-18-2009, 01:43 PM)Saiki Wrote: true enough, but as a general requirement you could, there aren't too many intense games (such as t5) that won't run at least half speed on 2.2 while I'm not talking FULL 50/60 fps these are still somewhat playable. (svr09 at 20fps isn't a joyride, but it plays decently) and to be semi offtopic, what game needs a 9600GT? I've never seen you pull things out of thin air bosit, so now I'm curious

Crysis or GTA 4 Laugh
I was not talking PC games.

Sponsored links

(08-19-2009, 10:46 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(08-19-2009, 07:15 PM)Raveniac Wrote:
(08-18-2009, 01:43 PM)Saiki Wrote: , what game needs a 9600GT? I've never seen you pull things out of thin air bosit, so now I'm curious

Crysis or GTA 4 Laugh
I was not talking PC games.

just kiddin .. never mind

we need a GPU which updates its hardware for PC games Glare

and i think its hard to stabilize the sys reqs for an emulator.
the minimum requirement is, the best pc that your budget could reach.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

(08-18-2009, 12:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's so game dependent you CANT create a universal requirement. Some games will work full speed with even a crappy 8400GS or lower (given you have a good processor) and others will need a 9600gt+ to work well even at native resolutions.
We can only give an estimate and still that can be very inaccurate considering how many games behave differently or taking into account emulator/plugin bugs that can change requirements drastically (make them higher obviously)

Thats it basically its more game dependant beacuse i can play a lot of games with a celeron 420 so who says e4200 and that stuff dont aply in all situations Blush
(08-20-2009, 01:53 AM)Raveniac Wrote: we need a GPU which updates its hardware for PC games Glare

Drop a few billion dollars into FPGA research and you may get your wish Tongue

Quote:the minimum requirement is, the best pc that your budget could reach.

So true.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yeah this very thread topic is misleading. Establishing Minimum requirements for an emulator is easy. You pickwhever hardware it minimally supports, regardless of framerates:

* CPU with SSE2 instructions
* Video Card with PS2.0
* 512M of ram

There's your minimum requirements. Any computer which meets those three requirements should be able to run the emulator and games under the emu. It may run them at 1fps, but it should be able to run them. Anything without those features will either fail outright during init, or be liable to fail during execution or init of plugins, etc.

But the OP was specifically interested in getting good FPS in a couple specific games, so really the topic has nothing to do with the actual intent of the thread. Tongue2
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
So, first post. I've been trolling around, and tinkering with various levels of OC to get some performance ideas, and here's what I've found regarding *PRACTICAL* specs:

CPU:
First off, I don't suggest a single core cpu, but if you've got a 3+ghz, single core isn't a dealbraker.
On to dual cores, I run an Athlon XP 3800+, it's quite easy to OC it from it's stock 2.0ghz cores, up to 2.5ghz, with minimal heat differential, and it's stable. As things go, my CPU seems to handle a fair amount of the emulation just fine. So far I've tried FFXII, The Bouncer, and DotHack GU Volume 1 (I wanted to play some RPG's that I'd missed). I suggest closer to 2.5ghz for a dual core, as the lower 2.0 tends to be a little iffy at times, but that may be due to my video card, see below.

Graphics:
I'm going to SUGGEST a nicer video card, preferrably something DX10 compatible, because it appears that there are some improvements in the DX10 drivers that can offer better performance on those cards. Then again, some of us are still running XP, making DX10 irrelevant.

The good news is this: I'm running a Geforce 7300 GT. Yeah, a 7300. It's got a WHOPPING 256mb of DDR2 ram, and a 350Mhz core. It was pretty low end when I upgraded my machine to dual core back in 2007. I wouldn't say that you SHOULD run the emu on something this slow, but it seems to hold up okay. Some games definitely do need to be run in their native res, but that's okay by me. I'd really suggest an 8600\9500 or above for improved performance, you can get a 9500gt w\512mb of ram for less than $40, which seems like a worthwhile investment that doesn't break the bank. I'm looking into doing this soon myself.

Ram:
I'm going to strongly suggest at least 2gb. If you're running 32bit windows, there's no sense in having more; but if you've got a 64bit version of your OS, by all means, get 4gb(After that it may be overkill for this application). Ram is pretty cheap stuff, I personally run 2gb, more would be better, but it holds me over. Less than 2gb is a little... Iffy, especially if you've got a lower end graphics chip like myself.

Hope this information both encourages and helps! ^_^
MSI A6005-201US Notebook PC - Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 16" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium ATI Radeon HD 4330 yeah this works fine it just $600 too and plays kingdom hearts too well in battle
Hello,
I'm looking to play games like Xenosaga who require an extremely good computer.

I have intel core 2 duo cpu
E8500 @ 3.16GHz
3.17Ghz, 3.00 Go Ram
Geforce 8500 Gt 512Mo
Window Xp pack 3.

Can play it?

Sorry if my english is bad but i'm French.
You can but there WILL be slowdowns. Especially that 8500GT won't help.
[Image: newsig.jpg]