What plugins and settings?
(01-22-2012, 03:02 AM)Beast100 Wrote: (...)
One that happens in every game is the loading of the "Playstation 2" with the noise
(...)
What do you mean by that? If you mean Playstation 2 logo being glitched, just run the game with "Boot CDVD(fast)", it'll just skip it.

i7 @1,9, probably had additionally a turbo making it even faster and intel i core series is faster than A/PII and even more faster than AMD FX which turned out kind of fail in pcsx2, dunno what GPU you had there, but the games are soo different with their requirements, you should still find at least a few in your collection that will run at full speed on your current hardware. Saying you need 4ghz with amd is just trolling 4ghz can be nothing for one game, while the other will run at 2ghz without a problem;]. MTVU is usefull through, couse while normally pcsx2 uses 1 core for EE and most other stuff and second thread for GS with MTvu speedhack, Vu(which sits with EE normally) get's his own thread which makes a difference in vu/ee heavy games. Not always positive, but in some games it does give alot. That speedhack is fairy new, soo you'll need to use svn version of pcsx2 if you wanna give it a try through, grab it here.

Software rendering can be faster for you in few games, but I would still try to use hardware mode with option "allow 8 bit textures" checked at least once to try each game. Generally radeons are quite opposite to nvidia cards in pcsx2 and are mainly lacking memory bandwidth, while core speed being good enough, making that option a huge and positive difference at times which often is completely opposite to nvidia cards, that option to simplify basically add load on gpu core and decrease it's memory transfer, That option helps me aquire soo much speed opposite to what nvidia users say in most games on my radeon that's it's sad not to mention to another radeon user;]. Just a note don't run web browser, especially with loads of tabs opened while playing pcsx2, from my experience it trashes gpu memory constantly and yours doesn't have much to begin with.

And I mean gpu memory whenever I mentioned memory above, more RAM will not increase speed in pcsx2, it's not minecraft lol, simple said, enough. I'm a noob meaning I have more accurate info than pro people;3, and heck I do have an AMD cpu and never said anything like pcsx2 not working on such cpu's lol - that's to the pro guy trying to sign strange things on me O.o, dunno where he read that in my post, I didn't even mention intel is faster(which would be completely true through). I kind of have a feeling he calls frequency/clock speed of cpu by "ram" by looking at his post >.<. Heh and giving advice to use some crappy application to free cpu power and probably by killing usefull windows services to a guy with 6 cores cpu which will never be fully utilized by pcsx2 nor any current pc game anyway.
Oh boy... "pro" people happens. It's almost like with all those FragGods and other UberRambos logging into online fps just to be headshoted on spawnpoint constantly. Name says everything. o.o

Sponsored links

Quote:but for PCSX2 CPU RAM and mobo are what gives performance
Most inaccurate statement ever.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
lol, that top the today's ***** fact for me.
From his posts I really think he's on crack or uses the word "RAM" for cpu clock;P.
*yeah pointing it out again, just couse Bositman's quote isn't named and directly under my long post, most will not read xD*
can anyone plz tell me what the best setting is for running burnout dominator on my machine. when i start it everything's just fine until i try to start a level then FPS sinks like a stone image uneven and gameplay insanely slow.
I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.
3.7ghz quad-core.
4-gig RAM.
Ati-radeon HD 4600 series.
Don't hijack other people's threads, create your own.
[Image: newsig.jpg]