Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What result i ll be getting with my current specs ?
Hi,

I have a Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz, DG41RQ Mobo, Ati HD6570 Graphic Card and 2 GB Ram ?
what result i ll be getting with these specs , if i try to play games like Tekken 5/Tag, Warriors Orochi , Urban reign and Rise to honor etc
If i need to upgrade my PC, what should i upgrade ???

Thnx for the help Smile

Sponsored links

Not really upgrade per se, but overclock per se, your gfx is fine (1x or 2x i think), but im sure your cpu can fight harder.
What model cpu? 65nm? 45nm? ect.
(09-29-2011, 07:21 AM)thatwasonce Wrote: Not really upgrade per se, but overclock per se, your gfx is fine (1x or 2x i think), but im sure your cpu can fight harder.
What model cpu? 65nm? 45nm? ect.

Its 45 nm .

Whats SE ?
I don't see any "SE" in that post... Do you mean 'per se'?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/per+se

He was saying that you don't necessarily need to upgrade your PC to play most of those games, but rather look into overclocking as that CPU should be able to get a decently higher clockrate (the correlation to PCSX2 performance is nearly 1 to 1, that is if you can get your CPU running 10% faster, it will give you about 10% better speed in PCSX2, unlike most programs which would get a much more modest gain)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-29-2011, 07:05 PM)Koji Wrote: I don't see any "SE" in that post... Do you mean 'per se'?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/per+se

He was saying that you don't necessarily need to upgrade your PC to play most of those games, but rather look into overclocking as that CPU should be able to get a decently higher clockrate (the correlation to PCSX2 performance is nearly 1 to 1, that is if you can get your CPU running 10% faster, it will give you about 10% better speed in PCSX2, unlike most programs which would get a much more modest gain)

How to ver clock the PC ? will it effect my PC ???
So should i drop the idea of upgrading the PC for now ???
Buy an aftermarket cooler and overclock your CPU. There are plenty of guides online... With ~3.6ghz you should see good results

If you don't want to overclock and want something that can handle pcsx2 at stock speed you'll have to look at intel's 2500
(09-30-2011, 08:51 AM)synce Wrote: Buy an aftermarket cooler and overclock your CPU. There are plenty of guides online... With ~3.6ghz you should see good results

If you don't want to overclock and want something that can handle pcsx2 at stock speed you'll have to look at intel's 2500

Intel's 2500 , they are Core i5 processors i think , thats a hell lot of upgrade here in my country Sad , i can buy a good casing which can keep my pc cool. So i ll try to over clock a lil, do it hurt my rams too ?

if you don't know what you're doing or haven't done sufficient research or don't have friends who have experience in overclocking, forget it.

it could fry your cpu.
(09-30-2011, 01:36 PM)naoan Wrote: if you don't know what you're doing or haven't done sufficient research or don't have friends who have experience in overclocking, forget it.

it could fry your cpu.

Honestly , i heard this term first time here and then studied it a bit. Got a couple of tutorials how to do that but havent tried it , Yesterday i consulted with my bro who said that i need a very good sacing which can cool down the PC, in case of Over clocking as well as it shortens the life span of Rams, i am not very good with hardware and this kinda stuff (Eveident from my dumb questions Sad ) so thats whay i thought to join the forum, i have installed it once when i was using only 1gb ram, and the only game i could play at somewhat normal speed was GODHAND and then Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, apart from that other games werent running smooth , then i changed my windows to Window 7 and bought 1 GB of Ram as well, then someone suggested me i need a good graphic card (With more bit rate) so i was going to buy one but hardware guys told me that my Board dont support 256 bit Graphic card, so i was kinda confused what to upgrade Sad