Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's currently the best tool for using a DS3 controller with PCSX2?
Been a while since I've been around. Just wondering if there's better alternatives to motioninjoy by now. Or if maybe motioninjoy has improved, I dunno. I just remember it as being something that looks IE6-esque and packed with ads.

To elaborate on what exactly I want to do, I want to connect my Playstation 3 Dual Shock 3 controller via Bluetooth (which is on my wireless card, not using an external adapter) to my computer.

Oh, and does it still make sense to use 4GB Patch on PCSX2?

Thanks.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

Do NOT use motioninjoy. It is crappy spyware lol. Use this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

It's excellent. It's also what I use.

The 4GB patch is only needed for a few games.
[Image: ov4]
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 480GB(240GB+240GB RAID0) SSD | 3 TB HDD | 1 TB HDD | 500GB HDD
Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GTX 670 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
PCSX2 General Troubleshooting FAQ
Well that's how I felt about it too. I knew it was from a Chinese source and there's instant reason to be alert when dealing with anything that says it's from Shenzhen or something. I knew it was ad-infested but I figured it's probably plagued with spyware or malware too.

I've dealt with Xinput but couldn't get it to work before. Wasn't as simple as Motioninjoy back then. But I was trying it back when it was first released, so I'll try the current version and see if it pans out better.

Edit: IIRC Xinput won't work with integrated bluetooth, correct? I'm looking at it right now and it just talks about usb dongles. I think that's why I had to use motioninjoy before.

Need to post the Hawrdware ID in the thread so scarlett can add it to the drivers. Quick heads up. The drivers will basically force the bluetooth to only be usable with the PS3 controller and nothing else. So be mindful of that if you use the bluetooth for anything else.
I hardly ever turn on bluetooth really. I keep it disabled most of the time. Heck, even Wifi - I preferred a hard wired connection.

It's reversible though, right?

Yeah its reversible just takes a little bit of work tho.
According to some posts I have read about motionjoy... once you instal it, its nearly impossible to get the bluetooth working with anything. Thats why they are promoting some BT dongle on their site or something.

I guess that explains why my laptop and phone cant connect to each other via bluetooth anymore :/
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(05-15-2014, 02:26 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: According to some posts I have read about motionjoy... once you instal it, its nearly impossible to get the bluetooth working with anything. Thats why they are promoting some BT dongle on their site or something.

I guess that explains why my laptop and phone cant connect to each other via bluetooth anymore :/
Special adapter drivers are just installed
The same happens with scarlet rush's tool

If you'll need standard bluetooth again, you only have to open windows device manager and update with the vanilla drivers