What's the status of PCSX2 (SVN - New GUI)? Stable enough to use?
What's the current status of the latest SVN of PCSX2? (eg. the new GUI stuff)

Is it worth using or should we still stick with the older GUI?

Sponsored links

Stick to the older version for now. New GUI is usually stable, but we're still working out things, and the occasional revision of it breaks stuff badly.
Also: It won't be much longer until we release new betas, so please wait a bit Tongue2
last time i've checked there was no "Patches" option, so new gui is unusable for the games which need skip FMV for example.
hope there will be NY surprise for us Smile But it is doubtful, right?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(12-22-2009, 03:06 PM)rama Wrote: Stick to the older version for now. New GUI is usually stable, but we're still working out things, and the occasional revision of it breaks stuff badly.
Also: It won't be much longer until we release new betas, so please wait a bit Tongue2
OK, thanks.

I'm a software developer so I have no problem compiling my own versions (ie. I don't need to wait for an official beta if the SVN is stable enough). However, if the SVN is still missing GUI options/features that's another story. Smile

By the way, do the current SVNs have additional improvements besides the new GUI? (eg. faster, better game support, etc)
(12-22-2009, 03:49 PM)sofakng Wrote: By the way, do the current SVNs have additional improvements besides the new GUI? (eg. faster, better game support, etc)

Omg, tons!
Really, the whole emu core < > GUI handling has been recoded to be awesome.
You'll like it a lot, especially when being used to the old, rather crashy / buggy GUI version Tongue2
Of course we worked on the emu core as well, but that's something we constantly do anyway.
I might give it a try then and see how good it works for me and if I can live without the missing features.

Thanks for the information!
Bugfixes to the emulation side of things include:

* Many previously broken Dual layer (DVD9) ISO images will work now (GoW1, GT4, Rogue Galaxy)
* A couple games with padded SYSTEM.CNF used to crash, now they run. (I forget names)
* MicroVU fixes, MacroVU fixed and enabled (less SPS in general, also fixes random crashes in Naruto games)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
wow. nice. Air, please, tell me more, what did you mean by "broken"?
i have a problem in GoW 1 dvd9 in the middle of the game: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-11852.html
Is this it?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Has VSync been reenabled yet? This was really the only reason why I've been holding off on using the SVN.
(12-22-2009, 06:31 PM)Xelinis Wrote: Has VSync been reenabled yet? This was really the only reason why I've been holding off on using the SVN.

Yep, but I always leave it off - causes major slowdowns in some of my games - don't know why vsync does this. Here and in Dolphin...wierd.

I get them from Orleans, he compiles SVNs for all the popular emus daily. He rocks! The new revisions are fine to use IMO. For my needs, the latest builds work 100% for me - I don't need patches for my games. For the games that do, use the old version. But for everything else, use the latest SVN!
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit