What's this savestate error I just got?
Here:
[Image: save_zpsb340526d.png]
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(11-17-2013, 07:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Here:
[Image: save_zpsb340526d.png]

What Windows version are you using?

Edit: I see in your sig, the problem seems to be a former sstate file got corrupted and can't be accessed. Try manually removing the file, in some very odd cases you may not be able to do it directly as well.

PS: Now you may think I'm being annoying but still advise you to move executable and files in general from the Desktop.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I. check your savestates version located at pcsx2 console log.
(Savestates is non-transferable from other version/svn to another)

II.or take your pcsx2 folder out from the "Users" folder or "Run as administrator"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-17-2013, 11:29 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What Windows version are you using?

Edit: I see in your sig, the problem seems to be a former sstate file got corrupted and can't be accessed. Try manually removing the file, in some very odd cases you may not be able to do it directly as well.

PS: Now you may think I'm being annoying but still advise you to move executable and files in general from the Desktop.

The very next state in the same slot saved fine.

I'm not moving them because of having to reset all my folders and paths if I do.

(11-17-2013, 12:07 PM)smartstrike Wrote: I. check your savestates version located at pcsx2 console log.
(Savestates is non-transferable from other version/svn to another)

II.or take your pcsx2 folder out from the "Users" folder or "Run as administrator"

As this has never happened before, and I was saving a state, not loading, number I is not gonna help.

Why would the first part of number II matter?
I've never had to run as admin before just FYI, also.

Anyway, it seemed to be a one time glitch in the system. Thanks for replies.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote:The very next state in the same slot saved fine.

That's the reason to say to try and remove the file by hand, the former one was locked or otherwise preventing write access, but since it solved by itself, that's fine then.

PS: Much harder to pinpoint and resolve are the cases where the access fails silently.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(11-17-2013, 09:55 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: PS: Much harder to pinpoint and resolve are the cases where the access fails silently.

Yeah, definitely a nice error box is better than a silent crash and "WTF happened?" type deal.

BTW Trying to record with fraps today and it completely locks my computer after a minute or so. I've filled about 500GB of my hard drive, and knew before that my hard drive had problems

I think I'm up to the part that has problems, and that probably caused this error too. CHKDSK reports no errors but an HD tune scan won't complete, it eventually locks the PC. I'm gonna hook up another drive and move some important crap to it. The next biggest drive of mine is only 80GB though.
I took my computer apart to put it that 80GB and looked EVERYWHERE and can't find my stupid SATA cables lol T_T

I know I have at least 2 more than what I'm using.

I guess I'll just run the risk of loosing it all, I guess I could upload my saves to googledrive...

That's a good idea, I'm gonna do that.

Edit: I really wish I had a blank DVD. Got about 1.5 GB of saves from Skyrim, C&C RA 3, Burnout paradise, PCSX2, PPSSPP, etc. This is AFTER 7zip on ultra. Based on my awesome internet speed with an upload of .41 megabit per second, and the upload calculator I just used, it will take:
9 Hours, 09 Minutes and 27 Seconds
To upload this.