What settings I must use to fix this annonying unplayable red bars in screen?
(10-20-2016, 11:00 PM)pitoloko Wrote: I understand that you must ask that kind of things to ensure that is not a hardware specs issue and discard possible causes for the slowdown, but If I ask about a slowdown it is because I'm sure that with my specs I shouldn't have a slowdown with that game, or better said with any game that runs on what PS2 hardware specs can run.

The latest recent game title that I played in PC is Doom 4, with my card of course I can't set "Ultra" graphics but I don't notice any kind of FPS slowdown with any actual game in the market, then I shouldn't have poor FPS with a game like VP2 released in 2006 with PS2 graphics tech...

I don't have a pro-gamer hardware specs, but I have sufficient to run all newer games with medium low/graphic settings:

That is not how emulation works. You cannot compare emulating a game for a console (a somewhat exotic one like the PS2 at that) to running native PC applications. By the same token, your CPU might do alright with PC games that are properly multithreaded, but it isn't great for emulation. I'm on a overclocked 4690k, which is much better at the workloads you'll need for emulation, and I still get slowdowns in games like VP2.

If you haven't already, enable all speedhacks in the emulation settings, they're safe to use with VP2. I wouldn't touch any of the cyclerate settings. But don't expect any miracles. That said, the Lost Forest is particularly demanding, other areas of the game should be better.

Sponsored links

What are your current GSDX settings? and I recommend enabling the MTVU speedhack, hopefully that should speed things up a bit, but it looks like the emulator is being slowed down by something outside of the emulator, possibly your graphics driver/GPU, so it would be good if we could see your current settings.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

jesalvein Wrote:you know that comparing native pc gaming to emulation is a ridiculous nonsense, right ?

you know that laughing at a guy that is not a emulator developer only because I don't know emulation technicalities is a even more ridiculous nonsense too, right?

No, I don't know the differences at all, I just can imagine that emulation speed is limited to what is wrong emulated and what is good emulated about the chip circuits and the renderization side, I know a mistake in mimic/emulation is something that can turn very slow a game title that must work perfect at 60 FPS on PC (if released for PC too I mean).

@Eloris, @refraction
Thanks again, the GSDX settings I'm trying are the same that I shared on the last image of v1.4.0, tomorrow I'll try speedhack configs to see if something can go better, if not then don't worry I'll wait for a updgraded PC or new PCSX2 releases to see if I have better luck using that, I really don't want to waste more yours time on this problem.

PS: I always have installed the most recent nVidia drivers (from the official site), and always do a clean install of it.

Regards and thanks for all!
Nope. I was just trying to make you understand that your statement is wrong.
Its not because you can run latest PC games well that emulating a ps2 will be easy.

Mostly because PC games will rely more on your GPU raw power while emulation will rely more on your CPU STR.
Nothing more, nothing less

I advise you to read the stickies
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-21-2016, 12:51 AM)pitoloko Wrote: @Eloris, @refraction
Thanks again, the GSDX settings I'm trying are the same that I shared on the last image of v1.4.0, tomorrow I'll try speedhack configs to see if something can go better, if not then don't worry I'll wait for a updgraded PC or new PCSX2 releases to see if I have better luck using that, I really don't want to waste more yours time on this problem.

PS: I always have installed the most recent nVidia drivers (from the official site), and always do a clean install of it.

Regards and thanks for all!

If that doesn't make much difference, in the GSDX config try choosing OpenGL (Software) as the renderer and try setting the Rendering Threads at the bottom to a number between 3 and 7 then try again, if that's faster, your GPU is holding you back.

(10-21-2016, 01:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: emulation will rely more on your CPU STR.
Nothing more, nothing less

I advise you to read the stickies

That is good to know, thankyou very much. I totally abhor from my offensive commen above, sorry, my first impression of you was the typical programming guru that laughs at people only because they have less knowledges than him, I hate that because doesn't help in any way.

Regards
(10-21-2016, 01:13 AM)pitoloko Wrote: That is good to know, thankyou very much. I totally abhor from my offensive commen above, sorry, my first impression of you was the typical programming guru that laughs at people only because they have less knowledges than him, I hate that because doesn't help in any way.

Regards

It's okay, he's not a programmer, he just deals with our crap all day, I think it gets to him a little Tongue

Me I'm a programmer so I can explain you the situation Smile

Take a nail and a hammer. Easy to pound. Get a bigger hammer, easier to pound. A huge hammer give you the capability to hammer the nail in wood with 1 shot.
Next try, you need to tighten some screws, but you still got an hammer not a screwdriver. Yes it is dumb/silly, but you won't be able to do the job correctly.

It is the same story for GPU and GS emulation. GPU got dedicated resources for fast operations. They have read-only textures, write-only target color buffer, stencil buffer and a depth buffer. The GS doesn't have a stencil buffer, so instead they uses read-write color buffer. To make thing worst, read-only textures are native whereas write targets are upscaled. Let's do a summary, you need to implement read native, write upscaled on a write-only target to emulate your GPU stencil buffer. Maxwell and later GPU will offer some read-write target capabilities (my GPU doesn't support it so I can't add it).

As a side note, try to disable the large framebuffer option. It would reduce the cost of scaled conversion cost.

Quote:Hunter: The Reckoning - Wayward
Is it V2P area ? Or a different game ? Potentially there is a regression on latest git, if you could give me a gs dump, I could give it a look.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-cr...er-GS-dump