Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What sorta screen or technology did they use to make a Hatsune Miku live concert?
I have just stumbled upon this:

I must admit that I am spending my life under a rock -- my country is a gigantic rock. Sad It is the first time I see something like this. Ohmy I know there was a voice actress behind the scene, but I am wondering what was used to render Hatsune Miku on. I thought that was a big screen, but I quickly realized that it was transparent and I could see musical instruments and other objects on the background.

What was that anyway? Wacko
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60

Sponsored links

3D Hologram ~ some real singers actually did similar concert(last Xmas I guess - edit: it was Mariah Carey -, but yeah leek girl was probably first;p).
pretty old technology already lol
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
yep. it looks old. that stuff isn't even cool. it's not 3D. simple laser projection on a plane.
They did a similar thing with Gorillaz live.

[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
The same tech they used to have tupac perform with Snoop
(02-12-2013, 07:05 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: pretty old technology already lol

I kinda know that. There are many things popular in the world that people here never heard of. What they do all day is being proud of some stupid traditions and ancient culture. Hence I said I was spending my life under a rock. Mellow

But I am not like them. Tongue I always want to know what's out there on the world. That's why I'm here to ask. So please don't laugh at my ignorance. Blush
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
For Miku's concerts they use rear projection onto a Dilad screen (a special polymer containing diffusive micro-bubbles - originally developed for trade show displays). The concerts employ between two and five projectors worth about a half-million dollars each. (This is different from the Tupac illusion, which was done using the age old Pepper's ghost effect - a brightly illuminated subject hidden from the audience which is reflected onto a sheet of glass at a 45 degree angle.)

Miku fans have found that you can actually get a pretty good effect on a small scale with a regular digital projector onto mosquito netting! Here is a Japanese garage band jamming with Miku in their garage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zSkQbJSOw They created the animation themselves using Miku's free open source 3D animation software MikuMikuDance.

Far more impressive than the projection tech, is the creative culture that surrounds Miku and the other Vocaloids. Miku is the focal point of a massively distributed creative community, with tens of thousands of indie musicians, artists and animators creating all her music and videos. This is what sets her apart from acts like Gorillaz.

The number of Miku songs is too large to count (50,000 at least) and growing by dozens a day. Her large international fanbase use the power of social media as a filter, allowing the better songs to rise in popularity. It's an entirely new way of creating popular music, making Miku the subject of research from academics around the world.
(02-12-2013, 08:22 PM)refraction Wrote: They did a similar thing with Gorillaz live.

BTW, to make it even more crazy, check Gorillaz and Madonna perform a mashup of Feel Good Inc. and Hung Up at the Grammys. I remember I nearly cried watching it and I loved the blending of those tracks.

Live version:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/84zCkZguJdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hologram:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VLizCl4e-Bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(02-12-2013, 06:20 PM)Livy Wrote: I know there was a voice actress behind the scene...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa... I have found the truth. There was no voice actress for Miku Hatsune. Her voice was created using a SOFTWARE called Vocaloid by Yamaha. It is unbelievable. Wacko

2 years ago I downloaded an open source C++ library which could read text and speak. But it was crappy, very crappy. It basically read and speak each word with different pitches instead of speaking the whole sentence. I thought speaking technology would have a long way to go. But now I cannot believe that there is a software which is able to sing, with amazing voice. Japan technology is incredible!!

I never like manga nor manga-related topics, including game. But this time is an exception. My next target will be Project Diva. Tongue