What the difference between D3D internal resolutions and Custom Resolution ?
It does, and it's not a mix between hacked and normal nor an old one, it's current svn looks;p, hacks are under new menu and shadeboost was added.

I guess the question was primarily asked in a bad way couse internal resolution can be set by multiplier and custom, they're both internal res. The difference between multiplier and custom DOES exists through;P. Some hardware hacks(like offset hack) doesn't work with custom internal res, it can also be less accurate to begin with, soo generally multiplied internal res is SAFER. There are exceptions for example in some fighting games which custom internal res can help hide some upscalling bugs. Also internal res above native display res does have some sense as it actually can make a positive difference, but generally in my opinion, sharper or not, nothing will change that we look at 10 years old graphics and it's artistic side is much more important than slightly sharper 3D objects;]. I would say of my personal prefference x2 is enough for 720p and x3 for 1080p displays, and keep using multiplier instead of custom unless I wish to made alot of screenshots, couse last important difference in native multiplied and custom internal res is that this resolution equals to screenshot res and althrough it's not a bother to batch convert them, it's always more accurate to have them in already in preffered resolution as long as using custom internal res doesn't break the game ofc.

Sponsored links

Quote:It does, and it's not a mix between hacked and normal nor an old one, it's current svn looks;p, hacks are under new menu and shadeboost was added.

I am not talking about the new hacks dialogue, there is NO Resolution: Please select... and window checkbox (first option of the screenshot) since the new GUI where all that got moved in the GS window settings of PCSX2 rather than GSdx.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah it was, but it still shows there if you configure GSdx for the first time;3.
Edit: Hmmm and from what I checked now it doesn't happen when simply deleting gsdx.ini, it only happens during first time configure from the wizard, probably that's why it still wasn't fixed.
Hm ok a bug then Tongue Have to fix I guess...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yeah indeed a strange bug I just renamed the inis folder then when you configure it looks like that (first time I ever saw it) - the resolution option as been obsolete for some time now Smile
There's a plugin variable thing that selects which dialog to use when ran. So some things still use the old dialog because it ain't triggered, like the gsdump thingy for example. That's why I updated both dialogs when doing that mess up.

On topic! If I call RENDER to the step before going to your screen and SCREEN your display or window, and considering the flow of RENDER => SCREEN.

The internal resolution options would affect the RENDER stage resolution, while the SCREEN resolution could be the window or display resolution. Then for example if the RENDER res < SCREEN res, then to be displayed it would be usually upscaled.

The custom resolution is used if you didn't pick any preset scale, and the native option is unchecked. Since games can have weird resolutions, the preset can be a quick way for a general configuration and I think there could be some... "tweaks" attached to them.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I kind of made a small patch fixing that(deleting obsolete stuff without breaking anything?), but guess it'll go to GSdx thread couse it's a bit offtop here;P.
(03-12-2012, 02:19 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm ok a bug then Tongue Have to fix I guess...

xD, i knew i wasn't seeing things Laugh