What would be the absolute lowest specs you guys would recommend for pcsx2?
What would be the absolute lowest specs you guys would recommend for pcsx2 to play most game smoothly(i am fine with lowest settings)?

Because i working on a project, it is going to be and emulation station,that is all it will do.

The is the stand i got and am starting with.

http://i.imgur.com/41S9vcH.jpg (i did not insert the image cause it was 2 large)

I will at least emulate all the way up to psx,but would love to include PS2 also.

So i need to know if i even have the extra parts strong enough to do it,or if i will have to save up money and get some better parts.

Any input you guys have for this would be helpful.

Sponsored links

See my sig...you can substitute my cpu for a phenom ii 980 if you wish. Any GDDR5 gpu from the last 5 years will do, such as Radeon 5XXX and up or Nvidia 4XX and up. This combo will get the job done for the lowest price. But why settle for the minimum?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I was working with a 2.2 dualcore processor, and I wouldn't recommend anything below 2.6 at the least, definitely run i3 at around that speed, with a high-end GPU
Would a 2.8hz amd 5600+ with 6gbp DDR2 ram work? Gpu I will be using is an 8800ghz 320mb if I can get it working. Otherwise I will have to wait.
(06-28-2014, 04:42 AM)trainergames Wrote: Would a 2.8hz amd 5600+ with 6gbp DDR2 ram work? Gpu I will be using is an 8800ghz 320mb if I can get it working. Otherwise I will have to wait.

no, that's not going to cut it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
What part of it lol? Cause I have a phenom 1 9550 2.2ghz quad core, Burch don't have a working mother board for it.
(06-28-2014, 05:02 AM)trainergames Wrote: What part of it lol? Cause I have a phenom 1 9550 2.2ghz quad core, Burch don't have a working mother board for it.

You need a decent cpu. both of those are fairly weak. I would really say a minimum is a phenom II x4 if you want more than a handful of games to be playable.
A q9450 wouldn't be much better would it? Cause if so I will have to save up, and if so I may as well wait till I am able to get powerful enough but that can also fit in the bottom of that stand.
(06-28-2014, 05:17 AM)trainergames Wrote: A q9450 wouldn't be much better would it? Cause if so I will have to save up, and if so I may as well wait till I am able to get powerful enough but that can also fit in the bottom of that stand.

It really depends on what ps2 games you own.

If you could list some titles that would help.
umm kh1 and 2,smluggers run,shadow the hedgehog, need for speed carbon and hot pursuit 2,x men ledgends 1 and 2,i have more that i don't rmemeber right now lol.