Whats wrong with my specs?
So i have been trying to play kingdom heats and socom but every time i start up the game and get passed the menu the game just tanks in audio and graphics. why is this happening?
my specs are: Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e
65nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 370MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
MSI Aspen (Socket AM2 )
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor @ 1280x1024
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Hard Drives
313GB Western Digital WDC WD32 00AAJS-65M0A0 SCSI Disk Device (RAID)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH40L SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Sponsored links

wow biggest bottleneck ive seen in years Wacko

you cpu is the biggest problem, its slow, low clokced and an amd to boot. (amd is well known for lower perfomance in comparison to intel)
your pc games even dont like this setup especially that graphics card it only get like... 50% max power out of that setup, such a shame... BUT

be not afraid i have some solutions Tongue2

1:
overclock the cpu (look up into google on how to do this and if your temps are like 65c 100% load your safe enough)

2 use speedhacks but avoid using the mtvu hack because that will probably slow down emualtion. (it uses 3 ccores then and.. well... you only have 2 Tongue)

i dont know about socom but kingdom hearts should run on most systems.

but before all this, what revision are you useing and what are your settings?
Thanks for the info but i have no clue what im doing/reading about. half the time people are saying its impossible because of this or that and the other half are just saying buy something better. any more help would be cool.
(05-27-2012, 01:34 AM)Chandler Wrote: Thanks for the info but i have no clue what im doing/reading about. half the time people are saying its impossible because of this or that and the other half are just saying buy something better. any more help would be cool.

if your not even understanding what i am explaining above how did you extracted the bios from your ps2 then?
No no no overclocking blew my mind. . .>.< just every one i talk to or read somthing about my cpu says its impossible to overclock it safely
And they're right, this cpu is very limited in OC by it's very design as the "e" model is ment for decreased power drain, at max you could get around 3ghz which would still be not much considering A64 x2 is one of the slowest dual cores out there, not comparable to any modern 3ghz.

If speedhacks doesn't help you, the best you could do without a full upgrade would be getting some cheap Athlon II x3 or Phenom II x3 above 3ghz or as much as your mobo allows, thanks to backward compatibility they should work on am2 mobo through it's always worth checking;P. A cpu like that can be bought cheaper than 1 pc game, nothing really soo damaging for any budget;], and it would be enough of upgrade to allow running much more games on PCSX2 especially with the extra core for new speedhack, it also overclocks much better which opens even more power as long as mobo wouldn't limit it. It would surely be enough to play KH, through I have no clue about Socom requirements;3.

If you need more, upgrade pretty much everything except maybe gpu, which still is pretty nice, possibly for some sandy or ivy bridge quad, but that's quite expensive, avoiding latest amd cpu's;].
(05-26-2012, 10:02 PM)warWeeny Wrote: wow biggest bottleneck ive seen in years Wacko

you cpu is the biggest problem, its slow, low clokced and an amd to boot. (amd is well known for lower perfomance in comparison to intel)
your pc games even dont like this setup especially that graphics card it only get like... 50% max power out of that setup, such a shame... BUT

be not afraid i have some solutions Tongue2

1:
overclock the cpu (look up into google on how to do this and if your temps are like 65c 100% load your safe enough)

2 use speedhacks but avoid using the mtvu hack because that will probably slow down emualtion. (it uses 3 ccores then and.. well... you only have 2 Tongue)

i dont know about socom but kingdom hearts should run on most systems.

but before all this, what revision are you useing and what are your settings?

Rama and i and all of the dual core users have used MTVU and it have done miracles to them
don't always use theoretical information use experiences as well Laugh

and he can't OC that ancient architecture and he have to make sure he have an unlocked mobo which i didn't have ( i have the same CPU series 64 X2 and an I3 550 ) Sad

(05-27-2012, 01:56 AM)Chandler Wrote: No no no overclocking blew my mind. . .>.< just every one i talk to or read somthing about my cpu says its impossible to overclock it safely

OCing wasn't in anytime safe unless with an Ivy/SB unlocked it will lower your CPU age ( if he still have more years Tongue )
and cause more heat and if you didn't do it right it will blow of the CPU Ohmy
Sounds like i should just put money into a new mother board and everything ells thats not my graphics card or powerfully
(05-27-2012, 07:23 AM)Chandler Wrote: Sounds like i should just put money into a new mother board and everything ells thats not my graphics card or powerfully

well if i understand this right you will upgrade to an average PC good for you

how much is the budget
While an Intel would help, you have to ask yourself "is it worth the price?" Intels are much more expensive than an AMD, yet I've noticed little performance gains that warrant the difference. If you have the money, however, go nuts.