When I attempt to load my BIOS, they don't show up as present
(PCSX2 1.4.0 for Windows)

Basically, when I try to start my PCSX2, it asks for some BIOS and we go to the configuration screen. Despite me having BIOS in the bios folder, they do not show up as options to load. Additionally, if I opt to browse and choose other folders, the BIOS still refuses to show up. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Do I have some incorrect setting or something else that could be fixed?

I want to specify that I am NOT asking for anything illegal. I have the BIOS, I own a Ps2, and I am simply attempting to use my BIOS on my PCSx2 but that is not working. I have seen this type of BIOS work in Youtube videos. So this problem is not fixable by downloading anything to begin with (maybe an older build of PCSx2?). Given that, can anyone help me?

Sponsored links

(08-24-2016, 07:36 AM)SuikoFan56 Wrote: I want to specify that I am NOT asking for anything illegal. I have the BIOS, I own a Ps2, and I am simply attempting to use my BIOS on my PCSx2 but that is not working. I have seen this type of BIOS work in Youtube videos. So this problem is not fixable by downloading anything to begin with (maybe an older build of PCSx2?). Given that, can anyone help me?

well, problem is after this, it's hard to believe you.
unless you post a pic of your PS2 next to a piece of paper stating "suikofan56-pcsx2 forums-08-24-2016"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-24-2016, 07:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: well, problem is after this, it's hard to believe you.
unless you post a pic of your PS2 next to a piece of paper stating "suikofan56-pcsx2 forums-08-24-2016"

I didn't ask for new BIOS downloads in that post either and I state on that website that I own an old Ps2. My problem, which that post inelegantly states, is that I have BIOS already, click Browse in the configuration, and they don't show up. In fact, that administrator told me to come here for technical advice.

So again, I'm not asking for some hot new BIOS that are going to make everything better, because that's not going to work. I'm asking if there is something or anything else that can fix the problem. Do you know of something that will do the trick?
(08-24-2016, 08:12 AM)SuikoFan56 Wrote: I didn't ask for new BIOS downloads in that post either and I state on that website that I own an old Ps2.
you own ONE old PS2, but stated :

Quote:it asked for BIOS and so I went and downloaded some, then downloaded some more, then downloaded some more, then placed them all in the BIOS folder.
that's piracy since you downloaded someone else's bios, and even copies of bioses you don't legally own.
so, to get support, let's say you actually own ONE PS2, and just prove it the way i told you above.
this way, we'll explain you how to extract it from your PS2 properly.
(08-24-2016, 08:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you own ONE old PS2, but stated :

that's piracy since you downloaded someone else's bios, and even copies of bioses you don't legally own.
so, to get support, let's say you actually own ONE PS2, and just prove it the way i told you above.
this way, we'll explain you how to extract it from your PS2 properly.

*sigh*

so are you saying that the only reason that all of those BIOS could possibly fail is malextraction? And if you are, I'm just going to wait and see for a second opinion. Because frankly, I'm not looking for some policeman - I have asked for no help in regards to committing illegal acts. I'm just asking if there is a reason, apart from malextraction, that a BIOS could fail to be found and selected, and if so how to fix this specific problem.
As you wish...
I though what I told you would be easy enough to understand, but...
Oh, anyways...

Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.