When can I legally download a Game Rom/iso?
I understand to avoid legal prosecution you need to
own a physical copy of the game or system Bios in
order to download and emulate on a computer.

Following these rules, would it be legally correct to purchase
a PS2 game from eBay/Amazon, then turn around and download
the game from the internet before the physical disk arrives in the mail?
Or do you need to wait for the physical copy and rip the disk yourself?

Sponsored links

Using a third party app to "rip" the iso image off a disk would be the "legal" way of getting a rom
Yeah, it's considered piracy till you rip the ISO yourself.
as these guys have said, the only legal way to have an ISO of a game is to own it and make the ISO yourself from the original disc. Downloading it is still piracy as you are making a copy of somebody elses copy, it's as bad as taking an extra copy from a shop because you own it, it wouldn't be allowed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Im not support pirecy but only wanted to know that sony left ps2 in dark even now games also not made for ps2 so, why its consider as pirecy? Its only a question which always run's in my mind!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
could you please rephrase it in an understandable english ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think he means "PS2 production has ceased as well as the production of PS2 game copies. If one is in a situation where it is not possible to obtain a physical copy of the game due to no more prints of the game being made(only available as used copies in which case the company gets no profit from it being purchased), then why would it be considered piracy?".

I would say the last resort to stem away from downloading an ISO file would be to borrow a game from a friend...or actually buy it used(even though a lot of games people tend to want to play are quite rare titles which will give your wallet a beating xD)

For me, I had to import some games from US since they were not available where I live. Cost a bomb but it was worth it(Ilike the box art as well) Laugh
(02-15-2014, 04:59 PM)Yuri-IX Wrote: I think he means "PS2 production has ceased as well as the production of PS2 game copies. If one is in a situation where it is not possible to obtain a physical copy of the game due to no more prints of the game being made(only available as used copies in which case the company gets no profit from it being purchased), then why would it be considered piracy?".

I would say the last resort to stem away from downloading an ISO file would be to borrow a game from a friend...or actually buy it used(even though a lot of games people tend to want to play are quite rare titles which will give your wallet a beating xD)

For me, I had to import some games from US since they were not available where I live. Cost a bomb but it was worth it(Ilike the box art as well) Laugh

thank you to explain that yuri ! Yes, thats what i mean! And sorry for my bad english btw!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-15-2014, 04:59 PM)Yuri-IX Wrote: I think he means "PS2 production has ceased as well as the production of PS2 game copies. If one is in a situation where it is not possible to obtain a physical copy of the game due to no more prints of the game being made(only available as used copies in which case the company gets no profit from it being purchased), then why would it be considered piracy?".

Much more understandable this way. thanks ! Laugh
the reason s simple : copyrights. We don't apply that anti-warez rule to make sure Sony gets benefits from their games, it's just to ensure we don't break any UK law. PS2 games are still bound to UK copyrights law until the editor explicitly says it's abandonware (don't count on it since they want to sell their games again on virtual consoles or as remakes), or if it falls into public domain.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-15-2014, 07:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Much more understandable this way. thanks ! Laugh
the reason s simple : copyrights. We don't apply that anti-warez rule to make sure Sony gets benefits from their games, it's just to ensure we don't break any UK law. PS2 games are still bound to UK copyrights law until the editor explicitly says it's abandonware (don't count on it since they want to sell their games again on virtual consoles or as remakes), or if it falls into public domain.

ok, thanks for your explianation now i know why! :-D
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1