When opening PCSX2 0.9.8, computer goes weird?
That is clearly the result of windows switching to 256 colours

check the pcsx2.exe file properties and disable any of the compatibility settings.

Sponsored links

(07-10-2012, 04:15 PM)Fezzer Wrote: Possibly it is shifting from 32-Bit colours to 8 or 16-Bit Causing harsh and incorrect colours? Maybe.

Check the exe.(Pcsx2) file's properties for if any strange settings might have led to this.

It doesn't look like Aero has switched off since it is definately not Windows Classic being easily identified as grey boxes unlike your screenshot.

Edit: I think this is likely since the fact much of the shaded blue has turned to green amongst many other colours jumping to extremes. 32 colour has the luxury of a smoother/wider palette so if reduced the display will jump to the nearest avaliable colour making it look odd.

Pcsx2 COULD do this if settings in the properties were set to or compatibility mode for Window 95 is on perhaps.

I turned off 256 bit colours in the PSX2.exe, and the colour came back to normal, if a bit washed out, so thanks for the advice Laugh
So what's the big idea of turning 256-color mode on for PCSX2, anyway?
Why would anyone run PCSX2 in 256 colors..?
Accidentally ticked?
It was a way to speed up PCSX2 back in the beta 1888 days. Yes that was before the 0.9.6 release Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Really? I thought that he missed the NES era and wanted to play 3D NES games at high resolution. Laugh

(FYI, NES is a 8-bit console. 8 bit = 256 colors)
8bit referred to the nes processor

the video palette was 6bit, or 64 colours, (56colours + 8 reserved) , and not all of them could be displayed at the same time.
I know 8 bit is the processor word size, but I thought the processor, sound, color... are all 8 bit.
the RP2A03/RP2A07 (8bit) includes the APU

can'tseem to find any information concerning the bits of the PPU (RP2C02)