Where are my memory cards? They aren't in the memcards folder.
ok, screw it (can I curse here?), I need to find my memory card files in order to transfer a save from my PS2 memory card onto the ones used for PCSX, but they aren't in the memcards folder. As far as I know, they never have been. I did "format" them in the little PS2 browser thing cuz when I clicked on them it told me they hadn't been formatted and asked if I wanted to have them formatted. I'm not sure if that caused the problem. Basically, i just need to know where my memory card files are; i know I must have them somewhere cuz I saved my game and loaded it.

Sponsored links

Could you try to rephrase that? Maybe just say what problem do you have currently.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Like Shadow lady says, try rephrasing the questions, it is very confusing.
Have you installed new pcsx2 version? make sure the memcard configuration points to the actual folder the formers were, or copy them from there to the new install folder destination.

What mean you with the program could not find the disc when it was in the disk driver? it's about physical DVD not found, an ISO that does not shows?

It seems you have more than one issue and they may be related to the same root folder install and default x user defined locations.
Imagination is where we are truly real
What hes telling is that.

He saved his game in the Pcsx2's Memory Cards.

But now Pcsx2 cant find his Memory Cards.

So his Memory Cards suddenly dissapeared.

So he needs help.

Correct me if im wrong.
(06-13-2010, 10:49 PM)blackrose1990 Wrote: What hes telling is that.

He saved his game in the Pcsx2's Memory Cards.

But now Pcsx2 cant find his Memory Cards.

So his Memory Cards suddenly dissapeared.

So he needs help.

Correct me if im wrong.

You're probably correct, still it would help alot knowing if the mcds are there or the folder got empty or even if the emulator is pointing toward the correct folder.

Actually it's so confusing he says the cards were formated and still the emulator can't find it, would it mean it's just the saves that are missing?

PS: there is a hint he are trying to save from the actual console's memcard to the pcsx2 ones and something is going astray in the process, unless a clear procedural steps statement is given we can just deal with speculations.
He says that he formatted the memory cards and THEN they dissapeared.

Correct me if im wrong.
(06-13-2010, 10:59 PM)blackrose1990 Wrote: He says that he formatted the memory cards and THEN they dissapeared.

Correct me if im wrong.

Please, it's not about correcting anyone, actually the own issue's nature is confusing enough to know what really it means.

If you are correct and the MCDs disappeared that is a critical bug that should be looked up ASAP. If it's the saved games that disappeared after formating... well...

Edit: Notice in former posts was asked to be confirmed if the memcards are being seek in the path the emulator is working and not at former path that happens to have a "memcards" folder
What i mean by correcting me , is if im wrong about what the OP is stating, so if its wrong, the OP can correct me to what he really means.
Updated the OP. Sorry about the confusion.
If you're using pcsx2 0.9.7 try your documents folder, when you run a game it should also say in the console log where is the location of the memcards.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64