Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did all the good anime go?
Seriously? Ive been anime fan for a damn long time ( like 12 years ), and now i cant find myself in all the crap that comes out recently, everything is so damn "naruto/bleech ***** like"... Arent anime's like Jin-Roh, Tenshi no tamago, Akira or Ghost in the Shell created anymore? Why all i can find is some orange/green hair weirdo teen saving the world with 9001 episodes anime? Where did all the serious/good storyline/dramatic/psychological animes go? Seriously can anyone suggest me any kinda new good anime?
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.

Sponsored links

Uh, it's called the Japanese culture as a whole has taken a sharp left turn into FreakyCrazytown.

Also, they are remaking the Fullmetal Alchemist series. The original series was produced faster than the actual manga, so about halfway through the series, the two story lines ended up branching. The new series is going to follow the manga as closely as possible. I haven't gotten around to watching any of the episodes yet because I hate watching a show in a language I don't understand, even with subtitles, but it's been getting really positive feedback even from huge fans of the first show.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Have you seen code geass?
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
To Aru Majutsu No Index was pretty good. I heard they're making To aru Kagaku No Railgun, too. *excited*
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Bakemonogatari, Time of Eve, Eden of the East, FMA Brotherhood (altho it's not finished yet so I cant really say for sure Tongue), didnt watch it myself but heard Hajime no Ippo was pretty good (i've just never been into sports anime myself) those are the best recently I can think of...

Not so recent there are Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, Death Note, Detroit Metal City, Seirei no Moribito, Dennu Coil, Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0, Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners which is kinda not finished yet but doubt they can screw it up now Tongue), Spice and Wolf, Karas, Black lagoon (kinda old already I guess? =o ) well anyhoo this are the ones I think are awesome as of late (like 2005/6 and newer I guess).

So like there's plenty animes to pick from and to be honest Jin-Roh wasnt that great and Tenshi no tamago was no good for me (I dont even remember much of it) and Ghost in The Shell I think you're talking about the movie? I thought the Stand Alone Complex were way better than the original movie anyway so I think it's just a matter of what your tastes are onto on this case xD

(10-01-2009, 06:18 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: To Aru Majutsu No Index was pretty good. I heard they're making To aru Kagaku No Railgun, too. *excited*

Yeah I want to continue watching this one but I'm not sure if the new is a continuation of the story cause it feels more like an alternative story :<
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It is an alternate story. Mikoto Misaka is the protagonist. I'm not sure if they're making Index though. Haven't heard any news yet.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Is FMA Brotherhood the name of the new Fullmetal series?

If you've seen it, how is it so far?
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
1. Death Note, but you've probably watched it.
2. Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002, you probably haven't but it's an excellent anime (it's made in 2001/2002, old but awesome imo)
3. Shaman King.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

i personally liked rah xephon and ergo proxy a lot
[Image: 1454055.png]
Any more recommendations? What I really liked in the last years:

Fantastic Children

Kaiba

Juuni Kokki

This is just a small selection, but yeah, I like this kind of stuff best Tongue2