Where's the update of pcsx2 emu on Mac?
Greetings everyone,
i didn't play pcsx2 at the moment, and have been waiting more than 1 year, because of i'm waiting for the next version update of pcsx2 emulator on mac.

and the reason why i did this, it's because the latest update of pcsx2 on mac which is 0.9.7 really sucks, i can't even play a game smoothly and normally, many bugs and crashes i experienced during the game and also the graphic which is so really bad, and here I'm asking u when will u release the next update?

I'm really a playstation 2 maniac, and since i just have a macbook pro, i expect more than this, i thought i can play the ps 2 game as good and normal as i played on my playstation2 console when i was a kid long time ago. I hope u understand, and at least make an update the same like the pcsx2 ver 1.0.0 on windows, that much better than nothing

Sponsored links

(06-08-2013, 02:21 PM)rezastro Wrote: Greetings everyone,
i didn't play pcsx2 at the moment, and have been waiting more than 1 year, because of i'm waiting for the next version update of pcsx2 emulator on mac.

and the reason why i did this, it's because the latest update of pcsx2 on mac which is 0.9.7 really sucks, i can't even play a game smoothly and normally, many bugs and crashes i experienced during the game and also the graphic which is so really bad, and here I'm asking u when will u release the next update?

I'm really a playstation 2 maniac, and since i just have a macbook pro, i expect more than this, i thought i can play the ps 2 game as good and normal as i played on my playstation2 console when i was a kid long time ago. I hope u understand, and at least make an update the same like the pcsx2 ver 1.0.0 on windows, that much better than nothing

?
I don't get it.
The project is an open source one.
Why don't you help Zedr0n and and realease an update since you're that in a hurry ?

If you are unable to bring anything to the project, why not playing your games on your PS2 for now ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:I'm really a playstation 2 maniac, and since i just have a macbook pro, i expect more than this, i thought i can play the ps 2 game as good and normal as i played on my playstation2 console when i was a kid long time ago. I hope u understand, and at least make an update the same like the pcsx2 ver 1.0.0 on windows, that much better than nothing

You *expect*? Did you pay anyone to do this or did anyone promise you you'd get an update? No? Then stop having expectations from a free and voluntary one-man project and be glad you even get that 0.9.7 alpha. As jesalvein said if it's that important to you, try to help coding it, see how easy it is or install windows on your mac or install bootcamp on your mac or keep playing on your PS2.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Generally, Mac's are garbage when it comes to gaming (and they are garbage when it comes to much else) so, as much as I know the developers are SO ANXIOUS to update the Mac version, they are probably limited by the awful hardware and the baby-proofed system.
(06-16-2013, 11:44 AM)KetchupT100 Wrote: Generally, Mac's are garbage when it comes to gaming (and they are garbage when it comes to much else) so, as much as I know the developers are SO ANXIOUS to update the Mac version, they are probably limited by the awful hardware and the baby-proofed system.

Not at all.
Basically, there is no mac version of pcsx2. Until one day, Zedr0n decided to port pcsx2 to mac.
Falc & Bosit kindly created a forum section for him hoping a mac community would grow up around it.
But after all these years, Zedr0n is still the only one to bring mac ports. Kaze joined to provide support but that´s all.
That's why pcsx2 for mac is developed so slowly : it's the work of only 1 courageous guy Sad
Well, I kind of applaud his efforts but I don't blame others too. Who wants to develop a demanding software like PCSX2 with all those limitations anyway? I mean, a thousand dollars for some core 2 duo and 60gb HDD laptop? No, thanks!
That's your opinion and definitely off topic.
I guess you would be able to find some other mac-bashing topics around the chatterbox section Tongue2
I've searched and searched but alas, I couldn't find any. I've got anger issues when it comes to Mac's. I'm out of this one anyway.
The computer is prolly okay. Simply install Windows on it (Vista and up for DX10 render support).
If you install Vista, you're going to have a very very bad time.