Where to contact NgNg? - Wiki Help
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!

I recently got back into this project after the PCsx2 team announced that they were going to be speeding up development, and thought what better way to help than contribute to the wiki! I have made a couple of posts already in the Wiki, mostly with games that didn't have any entries. (Mark of Kri for example). I noticed that a couple of my posts were edited by NgNg who seems to be the wiki mod. I was just curious if there was anyway to contact him so i could help him out because the wiki needs some attention. Seeing as i have 150ish games, i could test them out, and he could edit the formatting if need be, add pictures etc.

So what i was thinking was i essentially PM or e-mail him a list of wiki entries that he could revise.

At any rate thanks for the help and if this thread needs moved/ deleted thats fine with me! I did not see any places for wiki threads to go.

Another side note, does anyone know how to fix this "GSdx: failed to compile external post-processing shader"? It only happens when i have the anti-strophic filtering on and when hardware rendering is used.

Sponsored links

Oh hallelujah! Just recently we were talking about how the wiki needs more attention. Color me excited! Anyway, this should help you contacting Ngng:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wik...#pid395532

Also in regards to your issue, please tell us what your specs are and what version of PCSX2 you're using.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Posting on his talk page on the wiki is the best way to get in touch with ngng.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Many thanks to both of you! I will post on his talk page if he does not reply in his thread.

And karasuhebi. Specs and version are as follows.

-i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz
-8GB DDR3 1600mhz
-120GB 840 Pro
-Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
-Sapphire R9 290X
-PCSX2 V 1.2.1 w/GSDX10 or 9. Either version produces the same warning.
Well, you will likely get a response on the talk page more quickly:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wik...#pid395532

Ngng Wrote:It'd be faster if you write on my talk page (http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/User_talk:Ngng ). I'm not usually on the forums and I frequently disappear from this virtual existence for 2-3 days, so... Drop me any message there, I'll make you a ninja whenever I'm in town
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Which GSdx plugin are you using? You can check under Config > Plugin/BIOS Selector. Is it SSE2, SSSE, SSE4, AVX or AVX2? Your processor supports up to AVX, so I would suggest picking that one for the rare times you may need to rely on software mode. (On a side-note, 2600K? Why haven't you OC'ed that bad boy?! lol)

What non-default settings do you have? I always forget to ask that. Seeing as how the error you get is mentioning shaders, do you have 'FX shader' enabled in the GSdx settings? I don't see how Anisotropic Filtering could cause that issue. Also have you tried using the OpenGL hardware renderer instead of D3D9 and D3D11 to see if you get the same error?
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
I am using AVX, as there is no option for AVX2 under my plugins. I do have "FX Shader" enabled(don't know why i didn't put 2 and 2 together).
As for non-default settings i usually have everything on, anti-aliasing, Upscaling etc. I think you are right with the "FX Shader". I disabled everything except for the shader and the error came up, when i disabled the shader with everything else enabled the error did not come up.

When i switch to OpenGl I get a bunch of unsupported objects. Here is the read out for that one.

"[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
Suspending single plugin: GS
Saving GS
Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
Opening GS
3.x GL context successfully created
Supported Opengl version: 3.3.12874 Core Profile/Debug Context 14.100.0.0 on GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Note: the maximal version supported by GSdx is 3.3 (even if you driver support more)!
Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled

INFO: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_buffer_storage is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_subroutine is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_storage is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_multi_bind is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_bindless_texture is not supported
INFO: GL_NV_depth_buffer_float is supported

Loading GS
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path."

I am assuming from what I can gather from this log is that I am missing the OpenGL framework? But how to fix it or what it truly means i don't know.

And as for not OC my CPU. I want to, but I don't have a proper cooler. I am using the stock cooler and I recently got scammed out of a liquid one Sad).
(10-07-2014, 11:44 PM)Zrooney Wrote: I am using AVX, as there is no option for AVX2 under my plugins. I do have "FX Shader" enabled(don't know why i didn't put 2 and 2 together).
As for non-default settings i usually have everything on, anti-aliasing, Upscaling etc. I think you are right with the "FX Shader". I disabled everything except for the shader and the error came up, when i disabled the shader with everything else enabled the error did not come up.

When i switch to OpenGl I get a bunch of unsupported objects. Here is the read out for that one.

And as for not OC my CPU. I want to, but I don't have a proper cooler. I am using the stock cooler and I recently got scammed out of a liquid one Sad).
Yeah AVX is the highest instruction set your CPU supports, it doesn't support AVX2. So you had the right plugin selected all along. Just wanted to double check. Glad to see that disabling the FX shader fixed your issue, but I'm still curious as to WHY it was causing an issue. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge of PCSX2 to help you out in that regard. We'll have to wait for someone else to reply to this thread.

As far as the OpenGL issue, it looks like it's trying to use the GSdx-AVX2 plugin, which won't work on your computer since again, your processor only goes up to AVX. Not sure how to remedy that. Maybe AVX2 is required for OpenGL? I doubt it. Again, don't know enough about this. We'll have to wait for someone else to come along. Although it's not that important I guess since you got D3D11 working again by turning off the FX shader. Laugh

Try OC'ing with the stock cooler. You might be surprised with what you can achieve. Just make sure you get RealTemp, CoreTemp or some other programs to keep a ceye on your CPU temps for a little while. Don't get scared if your temps get really high to TJ Max while you're stress testing it, that's fine. Stress testing is kinda like worst case scenario, you shouldn't see temperatures nowhere near that high when gaming.

Cheers and good luck!

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games