Which games are the MOST demanding to run at full speed?
(04-30-2010, 07:17 PM)sakraycore Wrote: So for these demanding games how much CPU speed do you need for full speed?

not just the cpu sped but also what kind of cpu.

if you compair an athlon 550 @ 3.0 ghz or an Intel E8400 @3.0 ghz there is a HUUUGE difference between the 2 (architechture is one of the most important ones)

if you want to play the most demanding id say:

intel E8400 (or 85 or 8600 its all the same only higherclock speeds) @ around 4 ghz (through overclocking) and a decentvideocard (8600gt and above ati 3800 series and up?) and you should be fine most of the time Smile

Sponsored links

(04-30-2010, 07:17 PM)sakraycore Wrote: So for these demanding games how much CPU speed do you need for full speed?

Hmmm... I would say that it's not all about cpu. Even that coders are doing great job, pcsx2 is still far from perfection and many things will be improved, it's still 32bit program, maybe 64bit version could give some boost? For today any modern cpu with clock around 3.6GHz will do the job, doesn't matter if it's intel or amd. Some games won't work fullspeed at the moment even on 4.5GHz.
AMD Phenom II 550 Black Edition @3.8GHz
4GB DDR2 1066MHz CL5-5-5-15
ASUS Radeon EAH4770 Formula 512MB DDR5
(04-29-2010, 07:30 AM)Gespenst Wrote: Armored Core: Last Raven

As GSDX won't able to run it.

For such 2d game, SRWOhmyGs only reaches 40-50 FPS.

Actually, you can play AC:LR using software mode, atleast on the recent alpha builds.

I get 40ish FPS on the menu/garage, but almost always full speed ingame with 6 threads. However i only tested like the first mission. >.>
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

(04-30-2010, 06:28 PM)Gentleman Wrote: The MOST demanding, from my own experiences are... GOW1&2, Godhand, Fatal Frame 3...

Ohmy I never had any problem with God Hand. GoW is fairly demanding.

Not trying to argue with your experiences, buddy. I'm just surprised when comparing our specs. I'd expect your's to perform better. Smile
Anyone care to suggest a scene/moment in one of the following games they believe to be one of, if not, the most demanding on their PC? Like maybe one where the FPS always drops to it's lowest (even on a high-end rig) in their experience.

Valkyrie Profile 2
Shadow of the Collosus
God of War
Xenosaga 1
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
metal gear solid 3 ALL OF IT oO
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(04-28-2010, 02:50 PM)fischkopf Wrote: Gran Turismo 4. Its almost impossible to get FULL speed.
All Ratchet and Clank games.

For the Ratchet games, i don't really think it's so much that they're so demanding to run as it is that they have some sort of issue achieving the right timing or something. You can actually get them to play almost fullspeed (and sometimes MORE than fullspeed) when you turn the framelimit off. Even my computer with its crappy GPU can get near or greater than fullspeed by that method. So there's something more at work there. It stands to reason there's some kind of emulation glitch there and not that the game is that demanding. And the music always seems to work about fullspeed too, even when the action isn't. Weird stuff, i guess these games just need a bit more work and they might just play pretty well on less than extreme PC's.

The PS2 port of Size Matters runs great though, but it looks a lot worse than the others since it was a bare bones PS2 port. Maybe that's why it runs so well. Must be running on a fairly different engine. I can get fullspeed with very few graphical glitches almost all the time. But it beats me what the issue with the other ones is at the moment...

I've been able to get most of the games i've tested working pretty well on my PC. But Dragon Quest VIII, Rayman 2 Revolution, and Jak 2 seem to have some speed issues at times. I would assume they may be GPU-intensive because i've seen other people run them on similar or lesser CPU's than my own. But they had better GPU's. Offtopic kind of, but i think i'll try to get mine upgraded to something like a Radeon 5670 or something (or anything i can put in a cheap Dell PSU without changing that). Maybe that would remove part of my bottleneck. Tongue
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
I think Spider-Man:Web Of Shadows is pretty demanding
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
I get ~35FPS in Primal, that is with speedhacks (at least speedhacks before they break the game) and most of the speedy options enabled.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
"Primal"... I don't think the local place here has that one in stock. I could have him order it, but then I'd have to buy it. I'd rather rent it first to make sure I could even play it! Smile