Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is best I core 3 or Amd or Core 2 quad??
Hello...My sytem being old, iam considering buying a new one...pls suggest me the best of these....

Between..
I core 3 and Amd phenom.
I core 3 and core 2 quad
Core 2 quad and Amd Phenom.

WackoI dont know the new series of Amd..pls tell me if there is something new...
Wacko
And my friends tell me that though Amd is good for gaming,, it has several problems...and as i live in hot and humid weather, it is not good for the system...is this things true....
If u find a good system out of the above mentioned..pls suggest me the best graphics card available.....WHICH IS BEST?? NVIDEA or ATI Radeon???Wacko

[Image: wipe_b10.gif]

Sponsored links

better not give your email address like this on a forum (spam risk)
enable private msg and just say "PM me"
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(08-31-2010, 07:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: better not give your email address like this on a forum (spam risk)

thanks man!!! i am new here thats why...ok ... Is I core 3 not good enough???
(08-31-2010, 07:58 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 07:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: better not give your email address like this on a forum (spam risk)

thanks man!!! i am new here thats why...ok ... Is I core 3 not good enough???

It depends on how you want to use it... What are you planning to do? Primarily emulating the PCSX2 or also playing newest games like starcraft 2 and so on?
If it's only for gaming, I'd get the i3. It is cheaper, supports SSE 4 just like Core 2 Quad QX9xxx series. It is also fairly cheap (cheaper than Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom in most cases. You only need 2 core for gaming as little to no game have optimizations to use more than 2 cores. PCSX2 atm only uses 2 cores also. In terms of GPU, I'd suggest the budget GTX 460 1GB (768MB if you really want to save 20-30dollars). If you can afford it get 2 GTX 460 and hook it up with SLI along with a 750watts PSU. i3s use LGA 1156 Socket motherboards, so make sure you get the right one. In terms of brand for the mobo, ASUS is a good choice, offering you lots of overclocking capability (after you replace your stock heatsink with a high-end aftermarket air cooler), don't get Intel boards unless you want to have functions locked. In terms of brand for a GPU, if you're getting Nvidia, I'd go with EVGA. Go with MSI/ASUS if you want "native" support for GPU overclocking (ASUS has an unlocked BIOS which allows voltage tweaking with their ASUS Smartdoctor utility and MSI has MSI Afterburner (works for other brands too), but doesn't let you tweak the voltage and only the clock speed and memclock). If you want ATI, I'd get a HD 5870, it'll perform nicely for $400 dollars. If you're worried about the PSU brand, go with Corsair if you don't mind the extra cost, or OCZ if you're on low budget. Getting 4GB of DDR2 memory is more than enough for gaming, brand again is Corsair, G.Skill for higher quality and OCZ for budget (not saying they're crap, but they're cheaper). That's about the gist of it. For the case I'd get a Antec 900, HAF 9xx series, or whatever you like that's a midtower and above. If you're in USA, getting parts on http://www.newegg.com is good and if you're near a microcenter you can get your CPU cheap. If you live in Canada http://www.ncix.com has everything you'll need. Anywhere else, you're on your own.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
(08-31-2010, 08:00 AM)Shibuhya Wrote: [quote='rahul.deadmanzzz' pid='132841' dateline='1283234281']

It depends on how you want to use it... What are you planning to do? Primarily emulating the PCSX2 or also playing newest games like starcraft 2 and so on?

Not only PS games but also for PC Games too,, like Portal 2 Half life episode 3,, Raw Vs. Smackdown online...world of Warcraft etc,,, GTA -4 ...

(08-31-2010, 08:03 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 08:00 AM)Shibuhya Wrote: [quote='rahul.deadmanzzz' pid='132841' dateline='1283234281']

Not only PS games but also for PC Games too,, like Portal 2 Half life episode 3,, Raw Vs. Smackdown online...world of Warcraft etc,,, GTA -4 ...

Like frosty said, you would only need two cores so get the i3, but don't get careless, i3 is not i3 if you know what I mean. Get one with a high clocking (2.8 GHz and above) to get good results in both games and PCSX2 emulation. I think it's a big hype about cpu's since dual cores can do the same as quad cores nowadays with the right clocking. Also do not get a OEM pc, I have the prob, that I cannot improve my crappy 2.3 GHz quad core by overclocking because acer locks up this features. Buy one freely by building your own machiene with alternate.com or else.
(08-31-2010, 08:01 AM)frosty5689 Wrote: If it's only for gaming, I'd get the i3. It is cheaper, supports SSE 4 just like Core 2 Quad QX9xxx series. It is also fairly cheap (cheaper than Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom in most cases. You only need 2 core for gaming as little to no game have optimizations to use more than 2 cores. PCSX2 atm only uses 2 cores also. In terms of GPU, I'd suggest the budget GTX 460 1GB (768MB if you really want to save 20-30dollars). If you can afford it get 2 GTX 460 and hook it up with SLI along with a 750watts PSU. i3s use LGA 1156 Socket motherboards, so make sure you get the right one. In terms of brand for the mobo, ASUS is a good choice, offering you lots of overclocking capability (after you replace your stock heatsink with a high-end aftermarket air cooler), don't get Intel boards unless you want to have functions locked. In terms of brand for a GPU, if you're getting Nvidia, I'd go with EVGA. Go with MSI/ASUS if you want "native" support for GPU overclocking (ASUS has an unlocked BIOS which allows voltage tweaking with their ASUS Smartdoctor utility and MSI has MSI Afterburner (works for other brands too), but doesn't let you tweak the voltage and only the clock speed and memclock). If you want ATI, I'd get a HD 5870, it'll perform nicely for $400 dollars. If you're worried about the PSU brand, go with Corsair if you don't mind the extra cost, or OCZ if you're on low budget. Getting 4GB of DDR2 memory is more than enough for gaming, brand again is Corsair, G.Skill for higher quality and OCZ for budget (not saying they're crap, but they're cheaper). That's about the gist of it. For the case I'd get a Antec 900, HAF 9xx series, or whatever you like that's a midtower and above. If you're in USA, getting parts on http://www.newegg.com is good and if you're near a microcenter you can get your CPU cheap. If you live in Canada http://www.ncix.com has everything you'll need. Anywhere else, you're on your own.

Man.. i dint get these.." If you can afford it get 2 GTX 460 and hook it up with SLI along with a 750watts PSU" and these " In terms of brand for the mobo, ASUS is a good choice, offering you lots of overclocking capability (after you replace your stock heatsink with a high-end aftermarket air cooler), don't get Intel boards unless you want to have functions locked. In terms of brand for a GPU, if you're getting Nvidia, I'd go with EVGA"

U mean i can play with 2 gtx cards??and what does PSU mean?? and about clocking speed, intel core 3 offers which one...Heatsink or anything else.....does this air cooler count anyway?? and what do u mean by "FUNCTIONS LOCKED"... one more thing... about GPU what r the other types/ i mean evga and ????... I thought GPu is a Gpu!! it counts only in memory!! is it not like that??

Thanks man.....expecting reply...
(08-31-2010, 08:13 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 08:01 AM)frosty5689 Wrote: If it's only for gaming, I'd get the i3. It is cheaper, supports SSE 4 just like Core 2 Quad QX9xxx series. It is also fairly cheap (cheaper than Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom in most cases. You only need 2 core for gaming as little to no game have optimizations to use more than 2 cores. PCSX2 atm only uses 2 cores also. In terms of GPU, I'd suggest the budget GTX 460 1GB (768MB if you really want to save 20-30dollars). If you can afford it get 2 GTX 460 and hook it up with SLI along with a 750watts PSU. i3s use LGA 1156 Socket motherboards, so make sure you get the right one. In terms of brand for the mobo, ASUS is a good choice, offering you lots of overclocking capability (after you replace your stock heatsink with a high-end aftermarket air cooler), don't get Intel boards unless you want to have functions locked. In terms of brand for a GPU, if you're getting Nvidia, I'd go with EVGA. Go with MSI/ASUS if you want "native" support for GPU overclocking (ASUS has an unlocked BIOS which allows voltage tweaking with their ASUS Smartdoctor utility and MSI has MSI Afterburner (works for other brands too), but doesn't let you tweak the voltage and only the clock speed and memclock). If you want ATI, I'd get a HD 5870, it'll perform nicely for $400 dollars. If you're worried about the PSU brand, go with Corsair if you don't mind the extra cost, or OCZ if you're on low budget. Getting 4GB of DDR2 memory is more than enough for gaming, brand again is Corsair, G.Skill for higher quality and OCZ for budget (not saying they're crap, but they're cheaper). That's about the gist of it. For the case I'd get a Antec 900, HAF 9xx series, or whatever you like that's a midtower and above. If you're in USA, getting parts on http://www.newegg.com is good and if you're near a microcenter you can get your CPU cheap. If you live in Canada http://www.ncix.com has everything you'll need. Anywhere else, you're on your own.

Man.. i dint get these.." If you can afford it get 2 GTX 460 and hook it up with SLI along with a 750watts PSU" and these " In terms of brand for the mobo, ASUS is a good choice, offering you lots of overclocking capability (after you replace your stock heatsink with a high-end aftermarket air cooler), don't get Intel boards unless you want to have functions locked. In terms of brand for a GPU, if you're getting Nvidia, I'd go with EVGA"

U mean i can play with 2 gtx cards??

Thanks man.....expecting reply...

With SLI corssfire support you can link 2 cards to one, getting better speedups by improving the speed (take two ferraris and combine them, what comes out? a lamborghini, right ^^)

(08-31-2010, 08:12 AM)Shibuhya Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 08:03 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote:

Like frosty said, you would only need two cores so get the i3, but don't get careless, i3 is not i3 if you know what I mean. Get one with a high clocking (2.8 GHz and above) to get good results in both games and PCSX2 emulation. I think it's a big hype about cpu's since dual cores can do the same as quad cores nowadays with the right clocking. Also do not get a OEM pc, I have the prob, that I cannot improve my crappy 2.3 GHz quad core by overclocking because acer locks up this features. Buy one freely by building your own machiene with alternate.com or else.

what do u mean by "i3 is not i3"... I 3 is available in high clocking speed? Right?? AND WHAT do you men by "OEM pc"?? AND pls Explain me about locking features....

(08-31-2010, 08:17 AM)Shibuhya Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 08:13 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote:

With SLI corssfire support you can link 2 cards to one, getting better speedups by improving the speed (take two ferraris and combine them, what comes out? a lamborghini, right ^^)
u r right man!! but do i have to buy this SLI thing separately....I have never heard of it!! how does it look like.... Sorry for asking this... I am a noobBlush