Which is the best processor ??
the best system as i think

intel c2d e8700 @3.5 not overclocked
any board that support overclocking like asus
ram 2g-4g better
vga 250gts or 9800gtx+
and it`s way better than c2q for pcsx2 and its very good gaming pc near to extreme if you put 2x gts

Sponsored links

DKtronics: They still make new processors for AM2+ boards, that's why it's not dead. All of AMDs (current) new processors will still work on 2+ as well as 3, where as no new intel chips are coming out for 775. That's why they are calling it dead.

So while you may get an Athlon x2 now, you may be able to the next generation of Phenom 6+months to a year from now when they come out if you have the money and you desire.

Get a C2D now, and you won't be able to upgrade to a new version of i5 or i7 in 6months to a year without buying a whole new board.

(edit) AM3 is not really a different socket, it's just a slightly modified version to give support for DDR3 chips on the processor. While AM3 sockets have slightly less pins (938 versus 940) they are still the exact same layout, hence why AM2+ boards are fully backward compatible as long as you don't mind being stuck with DDR2.

AMD Could change that in future chips and limit it to a DDR3 controller on chip, but that could and would throw in a lot of confusion since the AM3 chip would still easily fit in an AM2+ slot.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'm not talking about whether or not they're still making chips, thats irrelevant, I'm talking about, in terms of sales, it's still a viable platform so it's not dead.
I can sell 30 775-based PCs, before I sell even 1 I7 or I5, and even AMD I rarely sell many. And when I'm asked about AMD it's always about AM3, never AM2+.
Lastly, when buying a new AMD-based PC, socket AM2+ is also irrelevant. Quite why anybody would invest in such a board when AM3 boards are plentiful, and affordable, is beyond me.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
i5 and i7 are expensive so will not sell as much as 775.
Amd issue is strange they are good and cheap so they should sell much better than intel .... but realistics is different, most PC sets are intel based and many poeple have no idea about hardware so they buy such "ready" PCs, second thing would be that poeple also tends do not trust amd.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
That is because most people see an Intel processor as the processor requirement for applications and games. They dont know that there are also cpu alternatives out there.
That was true years ago, now not so much they just dont trust "others" :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It's more because the Core 2 Duo era of Intel CPUs absolutely dominated AMD's counterparts in terms of stock performance, overclockability and, I guess, maturity (as in no major defects or bugs unlike the AMD TLB bug).

There was very little justification to buy AMD's mainstream CPUs, other than fan-boy behaviour, as they were priced similarly or only slightly lower (not enough to justify the performance gap, especially when overclocking was involved).

Obviously the entry-point, budget CPUs were a different matter, where AMD CPUs were a lot cheaper.

AMD is only, just now, catching up to the latest C2D CPUs and giving the Nehalem gen a bit of a run for their money.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
No, Intel always dominated, because of their name. Even though the Athlon 64 back in socket 939 days was WAY better than the Pentium 4, more Pentium 4 were sold, because it was from Intel. The AMD Athlon 64 was more like an inside recommendation for gamers. With Core2Duo and Quad vs Athlon 64 X2 and Phenom I the situation changed and Intel had the better processor. Right now, AMD is coming back, the Athlon II and Phenom II processors are rock-solid rivals and viable alternatives to Core2Duo/Quad and i7. Especially the great backwards compability and good price/performance ratio make them great. And the Athlon/Phenom II processors are good overclockers too. My new Athlon II X2 240 does 3,5GHz with ease and is at least as fast as a Core2Duo with 3,5GHz while being upgradeable. So again, if you plan to upgrade your CPU, it all depends on your current mainboard.
Hi
I read your comment. Hey look there is no difference between the core 2 quad and 2 extreme in their bus speeds its a small difference in cache size. I suggest u stick to the AMD Phenom X4 its almost like the quad core the difference is that:
1. The quad core has only 2 channels whilst the Phenom X4 has 3 channels
2. The AMD processors where made based on a technology of about 730 nanometer while the Intel used 540 nanometer which mean that the INTEL processors produce LESS heat than the AMD processors
I strongly recommend the AMD for you as it is better than the INTEL in any graphics, pictures or videos related.
Hope i helped

Thank you..
Intel marketing just wins ;s i have seen hundred of ready PC's on portal like e-bay in my country and let say 95% of them are intel, and most poeple are just buying such without knowledge that they buy crap, not that intel is crap but they always have bad GPU, weak mobo and completly no name ***** power suppliers like tracer

about heat i think amd have better box cooling
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU