Which is the best version for me?
Hi guys my specs.:
Pentium D 3.00Ghz 2 core(I know its not really good for PCSX2)
1GB Ram(Low i know)
Ati Radeon 5450HD 512MB ram
I know its not really good PCBlush
But if you guys maybe can recommend me a version......
by the way i wanna run Kim Possible What's The Switch
Maybe i can run it around 15-20 fps?...what do you think?

Sponsored links

Do you realize what running an emulated PS2 game at 15-20fps is like?

Have you tried the latest official release, PCSX2 0.9.8?
I dont really understand you...so you meant : yes you can or NO YOU ABSOLUTELY CANT! ?

15-20 fps is quite optimistic...
So, yes you can run it.
will it be playable ? Idon't think so
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Umm i already tried to play with Kim Possible a year ago...and it was playable but was around 10 fps....

I meant neither of the above...

Your system is on the weak side in general for PCSX2, but that doesn't completely count you out in every case. For instance, some games are easier to emulate than others (on lesser specs).

I'm guessing you're not actually aware of the way the framerate works with PS2 emulation, as opposed to the way it works with native-PC games.&nbsp You see, if you're not running at full speed (50fps on PAL, 60fps on NTSC), then the game will literally run at the given rate.&nbsp In example, 30fps with an NTSC game would run at half speed (and the sound will, too).&nbsp This doesn't mean there will be less frames actually displayed while it maintains the appropriate rate, this means the game will be in slow-motion.&nbsp And, yeah, 15fps would be even worse...&nbsp Sad

While typing this up, I see you've posted again.&nbsp You've stated that you found 10fps playable in the past.&nbsp This little topic comes up a lot, too.&nbsp What is enough for one, can be very far from enough for another.&nbsp It get's pretty hard to accurately express in words what you may experience, on top of accounting for each users personal opinion on what is "enough".&nbsp This is why "try it for yourself" may be the only way...
Yeah i posted this again because i changed the video card from:
Intel (pixel shader 2) to Ati Radeon 5450HD (pixel shader 5)

Well, even though the HD 5450 is a low-end card, that's still one hell of an upgrade for ya. Wink
(08-11-2011, 08:13 PM)Rezard Wrote: Well, even though the HD 5450 is a low-end card, that's still one hell of an upgrade for ya. Wink
OH MY GOSH! You mean Ati HD 5450 is a bad graphics card?

Unfortunately, it is weak for a graphics card.

BUT, it is in a whole new catagory of performance being that it is an actual dedicated card.&nbsp Your previous integrated graphics unit could only dream of being near as decent, or in the same catagory.

You are much better off, but expect it to still have limitations at some point (with some games and/or resolution).