Which part is the bottleneck?
Hi

my system:

Cpu: AMD Athlon X2 5050e @ 2x2,6Ghz
Gpu: nvidia 8300 onboard (512Mb shared Memory)
Ram: 2x1Gb DDR 800

Could PCSX with a newer graphics card to run faster?
Or, the processor is more important?

thx eumel

ps: ffx runs with 20-40 fps in native resolution (all newest betas)

Sponsored links

RAM. And graphics card but RAMs easier to solve.
why ram? 2 gb is ok. replace the card man
A second Question:

Which Os should be better?
32bit or 64bit?
Xp or Vista?
32bit XP. It uses less resources and if your for that desperate for minor speed increases.

Ex naruto: he said the card uses shared RAM, + the gig for Vista leaves the program with 512mb ram.
(04-28-2009, 10:21 PM)tonyf12 Wrote: 32bit XP. It uses less resources and if your for that desperate for minor speed increases.

Ex naruto: he said the card uses shared RAM, + the gig for Vista leaves the program with 512mb ram.

1. The speedincrease in directx 10 is VERY noticable in some games. Some have even less sps.

2. PCSX2 doesn't use more than 300MB Ram on my pc. Besides, if he updates his card there IS no problem anymore.

My laptop runs also with 2 GB and Vista64 and I'm just fine with the ram in pcsx2.

@eumel. Don't expect giant speed increases by just updating your GPU. Your cpu is also a bottleneck. At least for more demanding games.
Well, according to some posts from a couple of the devs, games like FFX and FFXII are much more CPU dependent than a lot of other games, and with all the optimizations made to the emulator over the last few months, it is entirely likely that he will see good speeds by just upgrading his graphics card for FFX.

Why on earth do I have a 17% warning level?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
It's your processor. Don't listen to those who said it's your RAM; I have the same amount clocked at the same speed and I have no such problem. Your GPU, while I'm unfamiliar with it, has a higher dedicated memory than mine so that can't be the problem. Therefore, it's your CPU. AMD + 2.6GHz are your problems. You'll need at least 3.0GHz Core2Duo to run FFX at a good res at full speed.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
Yeah im with Teeth(with with teeth?) I have a AM2 AMD64 x2 @ 2.7ghz and I get as low as 15-20 frames in FFX in some of the forest areas with water in the background. I get 35fps at the into movie. I have tried the brand new version of PCSX2 using every speed hack their is and for some reason it does'nt do anything at all for my system. No idea why, my ram is 667 so who knows, maybe thats it.
The onboard is def your bottleneck, but CPU is quite important too.
Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.8ghz
4GB of RAM
Gainward Bliss 9600GT GS
Windows Vista 64bit