Why Dolphin progresses much faster than PCSX2 ?
(09-13-2011, 03:38 PM)Livy Wrote: You're right Bositman. I forgot that Dolphin has more than 60 coders whereas PCSX2 only has around 20, IIRC.

Why do you call the first Xbox "Xbox 1"? There's no Xbox 2 or Xbox 3. The current Xbox console is Xbox 360, and the next one is called Xbox 720. So the first Xbox must be called "Xbox 0", because 0 + 360 = 360 and 360 + 360 = 720, lol.

The reason you specify if you're talking about the original x-box is because a LOT of people just say "x-box" when they mean the 360. Back in my day, it was the same with the SNES... If you were going over to your friends house to play games, you'd say "Hey, I'm going to go over to Randy's to play Nintendo!" even though you meant SNES.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

pls any one help i play naruto shipudden ultimate ninja 5 and my analog up and down
dosent work help me
Open another thread for that, this not the place to ask it.

I actually don't care why one runs better and one doesn't. I'm sure there is a logical reason. What I do care about is, will we actually be able to play this games at full speed with lower hardwares. Will heavy ps2 games (Such as MGS,ZOE,GOW,DMC) work at full speed on a 2.2 ghz (mine is 3.0 actually)?

Because on the earlier versions of the pcsx2 most of the games weren't even working properly on high systems. But today I can play most of the ps2 games on my pc without any problems. So, this might happen rgiht?
It might but don't count on it.
Most really slow games these days have GS emulation issues and that is the part that's really tricky.
Until graphic cards and the APIs allow more modifications to the pipeline (not going to happen),
GS emulation will stay riddled with hacks and be slow Sad
(09-14-2011, 12:10 AM)rama Wrote: It might but don't count on it.
Most really slow games these days have GS emulation issues and that is the part that's really tricky.
Until graphic cards and the APIs allow more modifications to the pipeline (not going to happen),
GS emulation will stay riddled with hacks and be slow Sad

I remember at least one of the devs saying that a texture cache rewrite could solve a huge amount of the GS issues. No longer the case?
where the hell the gs emulation is slow?! don't think so. I don't really see it. only big problem is the gs block memory and that format conversions and transfers or dependant sampling of textures.
some games abuse the GS's ability to rapidly draw effects, which does not translate well to PC API's that choke unless proper batching is performed.
As for the original topic, it doesn't help that Air left the project... damn him for having a real life and succeeding in having a successful career!
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-14-2011, 03:00 AM)Koji Wrote: As for the original topic, it doesn't help that Air left the project... damn him for having a real life and succeeding in having a successful career!

when u say it in that way, i start to hate my life ;_;, damn him!!!!!
I assumed all the pcsx2 coders have cushy IT jobs Ninja