Why can't I use SSE3?
In a previous thread when I was asking for configuration for a game I was told I couldn't use SSE3 with my current processor, but I just now noticed, (because I actually bothered to read the log window for once), that it says:

Quote:x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

So, why is it I can't use SSE3? Do I need to be running a x86 OS or something? If that's the case I wouldn't have full all 8 GBs of my memory available.
My specs:

Mothereboard: ECS IC780M-A AMD 780 Socket AM2+
Processor: Phenom 2 quad core duo 2.4 GHZ processor
Memory: 8 GBs DDR2 800mhz Ram
Video card: Nvidia GeFroce 9500 GT 1 gig video card.

Sponsored links

(07-17-2011, 09:15 AM)Renodil Wrote: In a previous thread when I was asking for configuration for a game I was told I couldn't use SSE3 with my current processor, but I just now noticed, (because I actually bothered to read the log window for once), that it says:

So, why is it I can't use SSE3? Do I need to be running a x86 OS or something? If that's the case I wouldn't have full all 8 GBs of my memory available.

SSSE3 is not the same tha SSE3, thats why...... if u put attention to the plugin u whould see that xtra S >_>
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i wouldn't say "unrelated", SSSE3 is a superset of SSE3, hence the "Supplemental" in its title.
and going by memory was originally pinned as SSE 3.1
(07-17-2011, 09:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

Except that 10% speed loss means the difference between Virtua Fighter 4 running at 55fps instead of 60fps on my PC...Angry..Rolleyes

System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU
shouldn't the correct answer be "PCSX2 doesn't use SSE3". This guy didn't even mention SSSE3 and now you guys are assuming he was talking about SSSE3 when he clearly typed SSE3.
(07-17-2011, 04:29 PM)orchlon Wrote: shouldn't the correct answer be "PCSX2 doesn't use SSE3". This guy didn't even mention SSSE3 and now you guys are assuming he was talking about SSSE3 when he clearly typed SSE3.

well if u browse the forums and read the post about SSE3 then u would notice that everysingle guy/girl think that SSE3 is = to SSSE3 so...

cheers o/
(07-17-2011, 04:29 PM)orchlon Wrote: shouldn't the correct answer be "PCSX2 doesn't use SSE3". This guy didn't even mention SSSE3 and now you guys are assuming he was talking about SSSE3 when he clearly typed SSE3.

well in this case the answer should be
because PCSX2 doesnt use them Wink
(07-17-2011, 09:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1
AMD's Fusion CPUs have SSSE3.
AMD fusion is also junk.