Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does PCSX2 run mainly on CPU?
probably a really stupid question, but why does pcsx2 run on mainly CPU? Tongue
also there had been alot of old ass threads on quad core processors, but i honestly think quad core would benifit more cause of the turbo boost Tongue cause sometimes turbo boost doesnt recongize pcxs2 so it just stays....not turboed? LOL , so just curious what admins are working on specifically on 0.9.9 Tongue as i've seen youtube vids on 0.9.9 (guessing its a beta version) Smile
ALSOOOOO ONE more crappy question, when there is a xbox360 emulator, how much ghz do u think ur CPU would need? Tongue rough estimate Smile i know it would be 3249804238984039 yrs till that happens!

Sponsored links

because gpu compute is useless for emulation when you want to use it for rendering?
guess i dont understand the conspect how computers can run like...high tech games but not like......this emulator Tongue
Imagine your CPU is a screwdriver and your GPU is a saw.
Emulating the PS2 would be the same as fastening a screw.
Which tool would you use to do that? Tongue2
SAWWWWWW Laugh haha does that mean the CPU on a ps2 is better than one on a computer?
no the cpu isnt better, just different Tongue

Imagine a PS2 is french and a PC is japanese, if the PS2 spoke to the PC, the PC would just look at the PS2 extremely oddly and ignore everything he had to say. so we get in Mr Emulator (translator) to listen to the french and convert it to japanese.

graphics cards are far from efficient in this type of process, which is why it is all done on CPU Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
GPUs are for rendering graphics
it is not possible that emulation use them
(08-11-2011, 04:18 PM)refraction Wrote: no the cpu isnt better, just different Tongue

Imagine a PS2 is french and a PC is japanese, if the PS2 spoke to the PC, the PC would just look at the PS2 extremely oddly and ignore everything he had to say. so we get in Mr Emulator (translator) to listen to the french and convert it to japanese.

LOL LOVE THESE METAPHORS
(08-11-2011, 05:37 PM)abdo123 Wrote: GPUs are for rendering graphics
it is not possible that emulation use them

It is possible, have you not heard of stream computing!? how do you think Folding@Home etc works on graphics cards? Tongue It is possible, the only issue is that graphics cards prefer sequential repetative stuff, something of which the emulator cannot provide, so things would end up slower than on a normal cpu.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(08-11-2011, 04:18 PM)refraction Wrote: ... a PS2 is french and a PC is japanese, if the PS2 spoke to the PC, the PC would just look at the PS2 extremely oddly and ignore everything he had to say...

Holy crap! Really!?!?

I think I can save you guys a lot of time, because the PS2 is actually Japanese. Tongue