Why does pcsx2 lag on my laptop?
Shocked 
My laptop specs:

AMD a10 4600m quad core 2.5GHz with AMD radeon 7660G
6gigs of ddr3 ram

That should be more then enough so why does pcsx2 lag on my computer like the game is running in slow motion and lag!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

PS : just make sure you read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
before stating this :
Quote:That should be more then enough
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-06-2013, 10:49 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

PS : just make sure you read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
before stating this :
1.As said I have AMD a10 4600m 2.5Ghz with radeon hd 7660g with 6gigs of ddr3 ram and windows 8.

2.The latest PCSX2 which is 1.0.0

3. SpeedHack 2,0 mVU Flag Hack, MTVU. DIrect3D11 (hardware) tried Direct3d9 hardware also.

4. ISO

My laptop can play most games medium to high so I don't see why It can't emulate a ps2 well.
What game are you trying to emulate ?
And what do you mean by "My laptop can play most games medium to high so I don't see" ?
Unless you want to look ridiculous, i hope you're not trying to compare emulation with native pc games ... Blink
(09-06-2013, 11:15 PM)forumguy01 Wrote: 1.As said I have AMD a10 4600m 2.5Ghz with radeon hd 7660g with 6gigs of ddr3 ram and windows 8.

2.The latest PCSX2 which is 1.0.0

3. SpeedHack 2,0 mVU Flag Hack, MTVU. DIrect3D11 (hardware) tried Direct3d9 hardware also.

4. ISO

My laptop can play most games medium to high so I don't see why It can't emulate a ps2 well.

Just cause your pc can run most PC game at medium to high DONT MEAN it will run Emulation at full speed specially PS2 emulation. ( this is #1 mistake people make)

AMD is not very friendly to ps2 emulation, Laptops are not recommend to be used on pcsx2 do to it will PUSH your hardware much harder then any PC GAME, cause more heat which in turn will throttle the laptops.
(09-07-2013, 12:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: What game are you trying to emulate ?
And what do you mean by "My laptop can play most games medium to high so I don't see" ?
Unless you want to look ridiculous, i hope you're not trying to compare emulation with native pc games ... Blink

Smack down vs raw 2009 & 2010
Gran Turismo 4
Tokyo extreme racer 3
Need For Speed Underground

Just that mostly. I mean why can't my pc run ps2 emulator smoothly. I mean for crying out loud the ps2 had a 400 MHz cpu or something like that.
(09-07-2013, 12:35 AM)forumguy01 Wrote: Smack down vs raw 2009 & 2010
Gran Turismo 4
Tokyo extreme racer 3

Just that mostly. I mean why can't my pc run ps2 emulator smoothly. I mean for crying out loud the ps2 had a 400 MHz cpu or something like that.

you should do some reading up on emulation
(09-07-2013, 12:35 AM)forumguy01 Wrote: Smack down vs raw 2009 & 2010
Gran Turismo 4
Tokyo extreme racer 3

Because you're trying to run games on a system that´s not made to run them.
Pcsx2 acts as a kind of "real time PS2 to PC translator" and that's why it can be so demanding.
Moreover, most pc hames will rely more on your gpu power than on your cpu power. When it comes to emulation, it's the opposite.

From what i see, your cpu wont probably have enough ghz to run those games smoothly. You'll have to use some speedhacks, never pish internal res higher than 3x (maybe 2x), and a lot of prayers.

Playing those games on your ps2 is still the best idea until you can afford better, unfortunately...