Why is PCSX2 Extremely Laggy on Me?
I tried playing GTA VCS on PPSSPP, there was no lag and I could play with max resolution.
Today, I wanted to move to PCSX2 because game's PS2 version has better configuration, and then I started to play, and game sometimes becomes laggy, and I don't get it, I changed some settings to increase fps, but still same.

My PC:
Windows 10 x64 bit
Intel HD Graphics
Intel Pentium CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz   2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (Quantity Available: 3.89 GB)

My Video Settings:
[Image: Ekran%20Goumlruumlntuumlsuuml%2021_zpsn3do5nst.png]

[Image: Ekran%20Goumlruumlntuumlsuuml%2020_zpsha78bzwz.png][Image: Ekran%20Goumlruumlntuumlsuuml%2016_zpsmjgayx5i.png][Image: Ekran%20Goumlruumlntuumlsuuml%2019_zpso4dgifvf.png]

Sponsored links

GTA Vice city stories is a bit demanding for your processor, it's natural that you experience those slowdowns as your processor doesn't have enough resources to cope with that game. ( my old E4600 also had similar results )
If my processor is not enough for GTA VCS, then why I can play it on PPSSPP with no lag?
(01-30-2016, 11:42 AM)The_Lone_Spirit Wrote: If my processor is not enough for GTA VCS, then why I can play it on PPSSPP with no lag?

Because it's like comparing apples and oranges. It just doesn't work that way. PS2 emulation is far more complex.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
PCSX2 has higher system demands than PPSSPP, and your CPU's single thread rate(1200) is below the recommended 1500+ for PCSX2. That said, GTA's aren't the most demanding games so you can probably increase performance by turning up the speedhacks some. Also post your Video(GSDX) plugin settings, because those settings can have a big influence on the framerate.
Do you mean this?
[Image: Ekran%20Goumlruumlntuumlsuuml%2018_zpsaqnjeqg9.png]
btw I dont know why but I cant change speehacks settings.
No, I meant the video settings in Config -> Video(GS) -> Plugin Settings

You can either move the slider at the bottom or uncheck the Preset box and manually change the Speedhacks
settings.
What are the best settings speed up the game?
(01-30-2016, 12:17 PM)The_Lone_Spirit Wrote: What are the best settings speed up the game?
That depends on the game and your system, so you'll have to experiment for yourself to see what gets the best results.
I don't know so many things about graphics or system specs, how am I supposed to do that?