Why is the built in recording heavy on the CPU
Is there a tutorial or guide anywhere for using the built in recorder?

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-8#Gfx
At the bottom of the GSdx section
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also another question. How come the video recorder doesnt have the audio in it? Instead it is separated and the audio is in the pcsx2 directory. Just curious
Because the GS plugin manages the video and the SPU2 plugin the audio
[Image: newsig.jpg]
oh sounds about right.
(12-14-2011, 07:22 PM)peronmls Wrote: Well what I ment by weird was that it doesn't look like it would take a lot of CPU but it's going to be real slow now matter what because I record with a internal res of 4096X4096 to get the best picture. I'm just curious about it. I'm not wanting help on it. Also I noticed when you're done record, the video frames look so smooth its unreal but when I convert it again they look like normal frames. Do you know what I'm talking about? Its kinda hard to explain.

Did you just say that you encoded your video from/to 4096x4096? Honestly, I'm surprised you got as high as 5 FPS. You would need a beast of a system to encode so many pixels in real time with XVid, whileExcl PCSX2 itself is running. Such system probably won't exist for quite a few years.

Video encoding IS very demanding on the system. This task of internally recording PCSX2's is similar to the task of video capture (simpler because it's "allowed" to slow down PCSX2 to not lose frames, and harder because PCSX2 already use many resources, while FRAPS is exactly video capture).

So you should educate yourself on the subjects of video encoding and video capture. PCSX2 allows you to fine tune your tradeoffs as good as any other similar solution, and it certainly doesn't introduce weird or bad components that will make it slower or less efficient than other solutions.

It really is very demanding.

A reasonable tradeoff might be to use MJPEG (via ffdshow) to record at the lowest resolution you can afford for your application (definitely NOT MORE than 1920x1080, and preferably less). MJPEG is fast but produces very big files (can be slightly less huge if you reduce quality), so you'd have to re-encode it afterwards.
Ah I seen now. I have used ffdshow before but the settings in it looked a bit complicated to me. and i used the 4096 in gdsx settings (Custom Res) I dont know why I make it so high. lol im just weird like that. I have noticed that once compressed the video gets dark and that bugs me so much. Increasing the brightness doesn't help after its compressed. Maybe its the Gamma or contrast. Heres my channel with lots of pcsx2 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGGP?feature=mhee
It'd helps if you have a quadcore CPU and a fast hdd.
Yeah i have heard.