Why the emulator is so slow
Well the title says everything i was interested on this emulator since a long time but after seeing how slow it was on those years it wasnt worth it so i waited keeped checking the changes and now decided to test it but i was a desapointment
This are my specs
CPU 6 cores 2.6 ghz
GPU sapphire radeon r7 2 Gb
Ram 4 GB
SSD only

With my specs should run at full speed with any setting but it was a desapointment as i said the only game that runs at 60 FPS are the .hack 4 games because checking the compatibility list it runs a lot of games but in reality it will barelly run a game at all i dont know why in your logs it says speed increased and compatibility increased but this emulator barelly work i will say either learn about the 64+64 bit cpu of the ps2 or write the emulator in assembly which will make the emulator 10 times faster
Some games i have that are tagged playable but barelly work
Simple series all tagged playable on the list but none of them works except the onechanbra and that one run really slow like 5 fps (how it can be possible if the simple series are games that are made on 1 month and wont take advantage of the ps2 hardware)
Rogue galaxy tagged playable but wont run at all
Ikkitousen Shining Dragon it have OK speed but is way too blurry and there is no way to fix that
Evangelion Jo tagged playable but have hundreds of graphic glitches and it wont show the dialog so there is no way to know what is happening so is unplayable
Cowboy bebop graphic glitches
Shadow hearts it has graphics glitches and run way too slow like 8 fps with speed hacks and 4 fps normal disabling the framelimiting is stupid because it increase the speed of the music but the gameplay will be the same
And i could go and go but i want to know why if the logs says the speed and compatibility was improved but nothing has changed and is way slower then before (and my pc is not that bad) and i tried to edit the wiki because i tested the games but you locked the wiki.

Other thing it bothered me was the rule no comment on piracy and similar stuff and stopping support but that wont work because we are on internet there is no way to tell the truth besides the no support stuff is childlish because there is no way to make the emulator better if you dont allow a report of X game because the dude got the iso on some site and you will say "the rules the rules " and wont help and will ignore the report that could make X game work better and faster

An advice to the developers the ps2 has the same architechture as the sega saturn is a 64 bit dual core console (as most people says the saturn is a 32 bit console whe it was a 32 bit dual core) so the way to optimize the emulator is learn about dual core and making the things work in a pc and make real speed improvements and compatibility because in 4 years the emulator work the same way or slower and has the same compatibility

Sponsored links

First of all, you're PC isn't very fast by current standards.

Second, the PS2 is nothing like a Saturn, or any other console for that matter, so don't compare it to anything else.

Piracy isn't allowed because of a certain multi billion dollar corporation known as Sony. They have lawyers that could shut down the project rather easily if we were to allow such a thing.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:An advice to the developers the ps2 has the same architechture as the sega saturn is a 64 bit dual core console (as most people says the saturn is a 32 bit console whe it was a 32 bit dual core) so the way to optimize the emulator is learn about dual core and making the things work in a pc and make real speed improvements and compatibility because in 4 years the emulator work the same way or slower and has the same compatibility
whether it's a joke or a you simply have no idea of what you're talkng about, I'll close this thread to avoid you being flamed by people who know what emulation is
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go