Why was the X3 Emotion Engine speed hack removed in the latest beta?
I know that it's just a beta, but the hack worked very well in every single game I play? I was even able to get just about full speed in GTA Vice City Stories because of it. There were a lot of other games that worked well with it also. Does that mean that it will be removed in the final release? I hope not.

Sponsored links

vu cycle-stealing works much better, give it a shot
Yeah, I'm just now starting it up, and now Vice City Stories runs above full speed at all moments. When I max the vu stealing hack out, it's crazy fast, but I also noticed that If I do that, and limit the frame rate to 60 fps, the game runs slower than its supposed to even though it says 60 fps. I turned it down one notch, and now it runs perfect.

But still more options are better right? Why remove it? If anything bad happens then you could just disable it. But maybe it had something to do with how the emulator works. I don't know.

Great Job though. It looks like every game that I play will be running at full speed with my stock clocked i7. It's only runs at 2.7 GHz when in turbo mode and thats below the minimum speed rating recommended for the emulator, but I still run games very well. GREAT JOB. Especially seeing how complexed the PS2 is. It must take a lot of time and dedication to do this. And lots of skills.
Most people using the i7's have reported they get good speeds running the GSDx plugin in software mode and setting the SW render threads to 6 or 7. Running in software mode also allows for more accurate emulation.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
That and the vu skip they did a good job in smackdown vs raw 2009 i just want to know why this two hacks were removed
FOKKAK MENY
More options is bad -- it's hard to support all of them in working stage. And this options was the ugliest ones.
(05-10-2009, 05:51 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Most people using the i7's have reported they get good speeds running the GSDx plugin in software mode and setting the SW render threads to 6 or 7. Running in software mode also allows for more accurate emulation.

Yeah, I have been able to get 60 fps in certain games more recently. Software mode has been improved A LOT. Before it was just useless. But hardware mode is still faster, and now with the new vu hack, it blows software out of the water in terms of speed. There is just this bug that makes frame limited games run slower than how they should be running at 60 fps.
Most of these hacks slow the emotion engine down, depending on situation (vu cycle steal) or always (sync hacks).
X3 was too much of a hack to always have enabled, and many people used or even recommended it.
To get the speed back in the scenes that need it the most (3d scenes) you can use the vu cycle steal option now.
That one even allows for far more emotion engine slowing than the old 3x hack.

Also, games running slow even when they report 60fps is exactly what would happen if you underclocked your real ps2.
And the x3 hack did this as well, if you look closely you see games running very sluggish when limited to 60fps..