Why was x3 Cycle Rate removed from the beta?
As the subject says.

Sponsored links

If I'm not mistaken it less stable compare to other cycle rate hack and VU cycle Stealing Hack is much more compatible. so ....
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Yep,broke more than it benefited. It was also giving false FPS readings and VU cycle stealing is way better than it.
Also keep in mind we are trying to keep speed hacks to the minimum,since the emulator is not supposed to be a hackfest just for people to play their games
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh I see! I still haven't gotten around to like the new VU Cycle Stealing seeing as it says *experimental* and everything, and I tend to keep away from those. Tongue
then the word *experimental* should be remove at the new beta ... ^^
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
It also only helped only a few games really while the VU Cycle Stealing helps a lot more being more stable so this option replaced VU Skip and x3 rate.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah X3 was left in originally pretty much specifically for Shadow of the Colossus, only one of like three known games that didn't break horribly and become a flickery glitch fest under it. VU cycle steal works better for SotC, and works nicely for many others as well.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Kingdom Hears didn't break Tongue But okey, thanks for the interesting information.
X3 worked just fine. I prefer it more than skippy VU Cycle.
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
tri games as already i know get benefit with x3 cycle rates and one of those is better with that hacks rather than vucycle hack. Those games are SukodenIII, WIld arms5 and dawn of mana. Wild arms5 was working fine with x3 and not good with vucycle stealing, best sound plugin for this game is peopspu2 and dawn of mana was fine too.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.