Widescreen Hack ???
You were already told how to achieve the effect in those screenshots.

The 1st is @ 16:9, the 2nd is @ 4:3, with Zoom at 0.0 to hide the black borders, and the first image is zoomed in enough to match the zoom level of the second to hide this fact, when its still quite obvious as half the top of her head is missing, when it's not at default.

TLDR there is no widescreen hack, it would be great yeah, but it doesn't exist. The pcsx2 coders are telling you there is none, yet you continue to beleve some random internet screens lol.

Sponsored links

(02-07-2012, 03:12 AM)disraelie Wrote: ↓ ↓ ↓ Stretch ↓ ↓ ↓

↓ ↓ ↓ Widescreen Hack ↓ ↓ ↓

How to do this ???Huh

here is a screenshot exactly as the one you posted, just with using 'Ctrl + *' (Zoom: 0 (auto, no black bars)), in the screenshot I made it clearly shows how it's working and you can see the text is cropped off at the top and bottom.

like asmodean and the others said there is no proper widescreen hack the closest thing you will get is using the zoom feature.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-07-2012, 03:12 AM)disraelie Wrote: ↓ ↓ ↓ Stretch ↓ ↓ ↓
[Image: 41b985f3d3f1766eba601c952d43f782be8577c2.png]

↓ ↓ ↓ Widescreen Hack ↓ ↓ ↓
[Image: 8d64edf7572816c08749824ea3b6d672da3af773.png]

How to do this ???Huh

Ohmy WHY IS THERE A HAND IN ONE PICTURE AND NO HAND IN THE OTHER?!
(02-07-2012, 07:13 AM)hyakki Wrote: here is a screenshot exactly as the one you posted, just with using 'Ctrl + *' (Zoom: 0 (auto, no black bars)), in the screenshot I made it clearly shows how it's working and you can see the text is cropped off at the top and bottom.

like asmodean and the others said there is no proper widescreen hack the closest thing you will get is using the zoom feature.

much different from your shot
[Image: cc0c58398f34ced9f8540fd4df563f6a7f55725b.png]
looks indeed different. is that maybe the bios setting for 16:9 that makes it look like that? I don't know. ask a coder with a debugger and ffx.
there is a 16:9 and 16:10 patch for ff10, I never tested it though, I saw Chinese in the title bar in his first ss so maybe he has some modified pcsx2 version with the ff10 widescreen pnach

Edit (few hours later, and offtopic):
since I was bored I thought I'd port the pnatch over to the ntsc version of the game and result looked good so here it is...(I only tested on the intro)
like mentioned before there is no magic global fix for widescreen they can only be done if the game supports it natively or through game patches. Tongue2

Attached Files
.pnach   BB3D833A.pnach (Size: 434 bytes / Downloads: 389)
You sure about it being correct? As you seem to use different adress for X axis than the guy in here.Tongue
Also the codes could just start from 2 and use extended, but that doesn't really matter to functionality I guess.
well I left the other values commented if anyone whats to change them but I couldn't see any difference (I just quickly made it), yeah 2 and 3 doesn't matter I just left them at 3 since that's what returned when I searched either way is ok.

anyhow nice find on ngemu forums I forgot to look there first , at least I don't have to find a ff10-2 one now Tongue2

Hyakki, your patch works wonderful, thanks!! Do you know if there is a persona4 widescreen pnach too?
(02-07-2012, 09:18 AM)hyakki Wrote: there is a 16:9 and 16:10 patch for ff10, I never tested it though, I saw Chinese in the title bar in his first ss so maybe he has some modified pcsx2 version with the ff10 widescreen pnach

Edit (few hours later, and offtopic):
since I was bored I thought I'd port the pnatch over to the ntsc version of the game and result looked good so here it is...(I only tested on the intro)
like mentioned before there is no magic global fix for widescreen they can only be done if the game supports it natively or through game patches. Tongue2

Can you make a PAL version please?
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.