Widescreen Patch Causes Crash
Question 
I recently tried to play Robot Alchemic Drive with Widescreen Patches on and it found one, but it crashes pcsx2 right after trying to run it, where it works just fine without patches on. Is there any way to fix this?

(I get a TLB Miss error right before it crashes in the log if it helps. Using r5722)

Sponsored links

(09-02-2013, 04:24 PM)Future Lambo Wrote: I recently tried to play Robot Alchemic Drive with Widescreen Patches on and it found one, but it crashes pcsx2 right after trying to run it, where it works just fine without patches on. Is there any way to fix this?

(I get a TLB Miss error right before it crashes in the log if it helps. Using r5722)

Where did you get the widescreen patch from? TLB miss definitely points to a bad code (widescreen patch or not). It's likely the patch either needs refinement, or the game may just be picky enough it won't work.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-02-2013, 05:20 PM)Koji Wrote: Where did you get the widescreen patch from? TLB miss definitely points to a bad code (widescreen patch or not). It's likely the patch either needs refinement, or the game may just be picky enough it won't work.

The revision I'm using came with a folder full of patches, so pcsx2 automatically detected the one that was in it.
(09-02-2013, 05:31 PM)Future Lambo Wrote: The revision I'm using came with a folder full of patches, so pcsx2 automatically detected the one that was in it.

They have all been user made and im unsure if there has been any sort of check done to make sure they work perfectly. You would probably be wise just to delete it and not have a widescreen patch.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'll take it you are using the NTSC-U version of your game, since that is the only one included in the ws-compilaton.
Please report to the PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches thread next time.
Fix for the widescreen patch is here.
pgert,ElHecht, Thank you both, I'll be sure to report to that thread should I run into any other crashes.