Widescreen hacks means slower in game speed?
I tired playing okami with widescreen hack and while I'm able to get full speed on both Hardware on software modes easily, when I'm using the Widescreen hack it feels like there is slowdown (again, in the game itself, the emulation is full speed always). without the widescreen jack there is no slowdown. is there anything I can do (The game didn't react well when I tried to used the OC branch, it was still full speed but it felt choppier), or just suffer the slowdown (or play without widescreen hack)?

Sponsored links

Do you use nondefault settings? Especially speedhacks?

Widescreen hacks can increase the load.
Actually as long as they have no render fixes, WS hacks generally DON'T increase load. They will work on a real PS2 without slowdown.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-05-2015, 01:17 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Actually as long as they have no render fixes, WS hacks generally DON'T increase load. They will work on a real PS2 without slowdown.

I have used default settings with no speed hacks (actually I also tried the OC branch with both 30/33% and 50% EE overclock and I managed to get full speed on both Hardware and software mode). Without the Widescreen hack the game worked fine, with the Widescreen Patch it worked a little bit slower in game (I can easily achieve full speed in Okami). I used PCSX2 1.3.1-1155 With the widescreen Patch that included with that release (It says on the console 8 Widescreen Patches or something like that)
So it is okami?
What about speedhacks?

You could disable all codes except for one in that widescreen hack package to check which one creates the issue for you...
(10-05-2015, 07:53 AM)willkuer Wrote: So it is okami?
What about speedhacks?

You could disable all codes except for one in that widescreen hack package to check which one creates the issue for you...

I don't need speed hacks.  How can I do that? The game looks great on widescreen, especially now that the post processing effect are emulated perfectly. Or maybe I should just play it in 4:3 stretched? still looks great to me. Just a wandering: On the real PS2, Okami ran at a constant 30fps or it did have some drops? Okami pushed the PS2 hardware to it's limit like games like MGS3 and God of War for example? If it did then it's also probably the reason the widescreen patch can slow the game a little.
Or it is some broken hack.

Go to cheats_ws.zip extract your crc code and put it into the cheats_ws folder. Open it with texteditor of choice and put some random string in front of code lines. For readability normally // is used.
Quote:For readability normally // is used.

That's not for readability. That's how the parser interprets a comment line. If you put any other string it will try to interpret it as actual patch line (and would likely fail).
I dont think so. It tries to match a string. If the string is not matched it is considered as comment. It's some usage of sscanf I guess. I think you should really not use several comma or non asciis as comment but everything else should be allowed.
(10-05-2015, 01:53 PM)willkuer Wrote: I dont think so. It tries to match a string. If the string is not matched it is considered as comment. It's some usage of sscanf I guess. I think you should really not use several comma or non asciis as comment but everything else should be allowed.

// is explicitly a comment. It's not the first time you make unfounded claims or suggestions, and yet again, you're wrong here too https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast...ch.cpp#L88