Widescreen no longer working.
For certain games, despite nothing has really changed. Same SLUS, same CRC, just doesn't detect and load it.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||

Sponsored links

(07-03-2013, 08:24 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: For certain games, despite nothing has really changed. Same SLUS, same CRC, just doesn't detect and load it.

Maybe it's loaded but not made correctly ...
The OP is unclear, is meant it stopped working or a patch never worked for certain games for you?

Is easy to say if the patch is being loaded, this is clearly stated on PCSX2 console, if it doesn't appear in there so the problem is in the pnach file, if it does but doesn't work then the game's version is different at some point (the SLUS may not be enough, that's the reason it is not used to identify games for cheat codes at sites like codetwink for example).

PS: You mentioned same CRC, are you taking this value from the console?

PPS: The CRC is the inverse of SLUS (In the sense a code might work for a certain game's SLUS and fail for the same SLUS in another game), the code might work for different CRCs, then CRC is not used to identify the games in those sites also, it uses a long code to unequivocally identify the game, but that is only informative, this long code has no meaning for PCSX2.

Code:
To understand what is important for cheat codes one must understand the cheat codes do not care for the game's version or even for the game's name at all... all that matters to it is the memory data space. That means the code instructs PCSX2 (or whatever cheat engine) to poke a value at determined address offset and it will do it, does not matter what is in there and why.

The SLUS (or similar identifier) might have that data space shifted or altered between releases, so it is not sure indicator the addresses are what to be expected.
The CRC might change if any change in the game's total structure happens even when the data structure and position is not affected, so a code could work even if the CRC doesn't match.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Simplest way to tell would be to post your emulog.txt, it'll tell us whether the WS cheat is activated correctly.

Also, did you update PCSX2? Older versions you used WS hacks the exact same as regular cheats. Later versions have a seperate directory for widescreen hacks and an additional option you have to check under "file".
[Image: 2748844.png]
I had a similar issue with Widescreen hacks not loading. Turns out the path the hacks were loaded from changed from the directory where the exe was over to C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents\PCSX2\cheats_ws\
One of the newer SVN releases must have changed the path on me at some point since it didn't used to be that way. I just edited my ini to point back to the folder they were originally at and the hacks load again.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti | Mem: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4 | OS: Windows 10 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: MSI MPG Pro Carbon WiFi | GPU: AMD RX 6600 | Mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 | OS: Ubuntu Mate 22.04
(07-05-2013, 02:04 AM)OminaeYu Wrote: I had a similar issue with Widescreen hacks not loading. Turns out the path the hacks were loaded from changed from the directory where the exe was over to C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents\PCSX2\cheats_ws\
One of the newer SVN releases must have changed the path on me at some point since it didn't used to be that way. I just edited my ini to point back to the folder they were originally at and the hacks load again.

yes newer svns have cheat_ws folder separately
@ op try to copy cheats from that folder to original one & see if it works or not !!
(07-05-2013, 03:38 AM)Preet Wrote: yes newer svns have cheat_ws folder separately
@ op try to copy cheats from that folder to original one & see if it works or not !!
I'm aware of that. I meant that after an svn update at some point the location which for me was originally "D:\Anime\Emulation\Sony\PS2\SVN\cheats_ws\" suddenly changed to "C:\Users\David\Documents\PCSX2\cheats_ws\"

I thought maybe OP had a similar thing happen. After all you can't load pnach files that don't exist.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti | Mem: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4 | OS: Windows 10 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: MSI MPG Pro Carbon WiFi | GPU: AMD RX 6600 | Mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 | OS: Ubuntu Mate 22.04
That's weird
can u delete portable.ini file in u'r pcsx2 folder,see if it works or not !!
(07-06-2013, 06:23 AM)Preet Wrote: That's weird
can u delete portable.ini file in u'r pcsx2 folder,see if it works or not !!
There isn't one. I make sure to deselect it when extracting newer SVN versions. But this thread isn't about me so stick to helping OP Tongue