Wierd Framerates
I found some wierd framerate problems, at least I cannot explain themSmile
I use pcsx2 0.9.6 and gsdx9 sse2 plugin. I manipulated speed hacks and cpu config from the config panel in pcsx2 and it mostly worked correct. I managed to control and get constant framerates varying from 40fps to some 100fps in more than 1 game.The proble is the following:
After some 30 secs to 2 minutes of playing (Devil May Cry 1 and Warriors Orochi 2 for example) framerate drops to 20-22 fps, always below 30fps regardless of the number of details on the screen and is that way for some 15 to 30 secs when it gets back to the set value, e.g. 50fps.

My configuration:
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
3GB 800 mHz of ram
ATI Radeon HD 4670 512mb with newest drivers
Windows XP SP3 with newest direct X

Thank You!Smile
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.

Sponsored links

(04-14-2009, 12:47 AM)milan Wrote: gsdx9 sse2 plugin.
are you talking about the old "gsdx9" instead of the latest "gsdx"? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(04-14-2009, 12:49 AM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(04-14-2009, 12:47 AM)milan Wrote: gsdx9 sse2 plugin.
are you talking about the old "gsdx9" instead of the latest "gsdx"? Smile

No, the latest 2 versions of the pluginGlare
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
it's actually 3 versions Smile, but with your cpu your best would be the SSE2 version.

but anyways about your problem i think it's your gpu (pcsx2 doesn't work well with the 4xxx series, but strangely enough there has been reports of good framerates for some people Smile)
Windows 7 64bit

you're probably right. And by the way, I have great framerates in some other games, e.g. Devil May Cry 2 goes like it should and Resident Evil:CV as well, others like DMC1 and Tekken 5 cause problems as the above.
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
Hey guys,

I didn't want to make another post, so I'll drop my question here.
It's another cry for help... I read the walkthrough, but still nothing works. I can't get my fps higher than 32 or so.
When starting FFXII it starts at 60/70fps, during the intro movie it slows down to 50/60 and to 30/35 during actual play, esp. when there's lots of things (characters) in sight. I'm wondering, what could be the problem?

Here's the setup:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750, 2Ghz
3 GB Ram
32 bit operating
GeForce 9300M G

Plugins:
Gfx GSdx890 SSE2 - Direct3D10
CDVD Gigaherz Plugin 0.7.0
Snd ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 (first two boxes checked)
CPU - All selected
Speed Hacks - 1.5x Cycle and INTC Sync

Thanks if for any help!
use the SSSE3 version of gsdx (it might give you more speedup Smile)
Windows 7 64bit

(04-17-2009, 12:08 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: use the SSSE3 version of gsdx (it might give you more speedup Smile)

Yeah, tried that, too... nothing seems to work... Before anything is on screen, it gives up to 70 fps... it just drops, and I don't wanna play it at this rate...
Thanks for your reply, though.
(04-14-2009, 04:28 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: but anyways about your problem i think it's your gpu (pcsx2 doesn't work well with the 4xxx series, but strangely enough there has been reports of good framerates for some people Smile)

Just the other day I accidentally found out what just may be the problem. When I tried out Devil May Cry 2 (the game previously working ok), it showed the same signs of malfunciton as described above. Actually, there are two possible reasons:
1) Earlier, when this game worked, I had the ATI Catalyst driver v09.2. From v.09.3 on, these problems have begun. It seems that the complication is somewhere between Catalist drivers and either the emulator itself or the graphic plugin. However, I think that Ati graphic cards should be paid at least a bit more attention from the PCSX team.
2) The other possibility is the log file (or whatever it's called). What I have in mind is the file which records changes in the PCSX settings. I couldn't find it though, but it might be that it created a kind of complication to the emulator.
It might be of some help to the PCSX team: The same framerate problems I have with Dolphin GameCube emulator as well.
We are all here to help make a better PCSX emulator! Smile
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
(06-27-2009, 09:11 PM)milan Wrote: ...
1) Earlier, when this game worked, I had the ATI Catalyst driver v09.2. From v.09.3 on, these problems have begun. It seems that the complication is somewhere between Catalist drivers and either the emulator itself or the graphic plugin. However, I think that Ati graphic cards should be paid at least a bit more attention from the PCSX team.

ah, great. the good ol' fanboyism allegation. unnecessary, unfounded and bositman's favorite topic Biggrin
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403