Wierd Video on Some Games??
Question 
Alright, so I've installed PCSX2 v0.9.8 r4600 on my pc. My specs are: 3.2 GHZ six-core processor, Radeon 6790 1GB DDR5, ad 16GB DDR3 RAM. When I tried playing Sly Cooper the first time around, the FPS were as low as 30FPS and was in slow motion (not choppy at all). I then saw a configuration on YouTube and Sly runs perfectly now and looks quite good. I then tried playing Black and the video looks MESSED UP. Its all really bright and you can't see anything. I also tried this with Burnout 3 and the same thing happens. Both only do so on the gameplay, menus and everything works smoothly. FPS during gameplay drops to the 30s. I tried some other configs but they were a lot alike. Here's a picture of what it looks like. Also, I can have that running windowed and I am able to use my computer doing other things without it slowing down at all and the game doesn't drop any more in FPS. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!!

Sponsored links

(02-11-2012, 02:24 AM)stuiedaman Wrote: ... My specs are: 3.2 GHZ six-core processor ...
... I can have that running windowed and I am able to use my computer doing other things without it slowing down at all and the game doesn't drop any more in FPS.

That makes perfect sense when PCSX2 really only utilizes 2 cores with the standard Hardware renderer.

Black is a game that only looks right with software rendering. Software rendering can allow for a slight boost from extra threads/cores beyond the standard two (always leave one open, though), which can help compensate a bit for speed lost from the lack of GPU usage that exists with software rendering. It's basically an exchange of performance for greater accuracy. You can change the renderer in the GS plugin settings, or toggle in-game with F9.

I think one of the Burnout games was the same case at some point, but it also seems like the hidden Skipdraw hack may help that one. (Enable hidden GS hacks by adding allowHacks=1 to the bottom of your GSdx.ini file.)

You could also check the latest SVN (work-in-progress) of the emulator to see if any remedies have been discovered for troubled games.
(02-11-2012, 04:20 AM)Rezard Wrote: I think one of the Burnout games was the same case at some point, but it also seems like the hidden Skipdraw hack may help that one. (Enable hidden GS hacks by adding allowHacks=1 to the bottom of your GSdx.ini file.)

Can't find this data in my pcsx2 folder.
when i make it in the main folder it do not work.

€dit: problem solved,find the file

so i cant hack.
And yes i have read the Manual Wink
•AMD Athlon II X3 435 @Phenom II X4 B35@Scythe Katana 3
•Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
•4GB DDR3 G.Skill RiPJaWs
•AMD HD6870 1GB GDDR5 @AC Twin Turbo PRO
•Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
•WD Blue Caviar 640GB
•Iiyama E2207WS-B2
Quote:€dit: problem solved,find the file

so i cant hack.

Sorry, you don't make sense. Did you apply the skipdraw hack or not?
[Image: newsig.jpg]