Wierd frame buffer issue with Baldur's Gate" Dark Alliance
I tried to start playing BG: DA just recently and have been working to try to play it.  After many attempts to self configure, and finally a chance to search the forums today, I have gotten it mostly playable (still some minor slow down in the starting tavern, but I can deal with that).  However, I do have this odd issue. The game/emulator seems to want to constantly reset the frame buffer.  It seems to want to bounce between two, and the screen flickers every time. Also I'm using git version: PCSX2 1.5.0-20160516105502 - compiled on May 16 2016 (Copied from the log)

Screenshot to show an example:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: i7-3940XM @ 3.00GHz (Turbo @ 3.90GHz)
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000(Integrated) and nVidia GeForce GTX 970M 6GB (Dedicated)

Sponsored links

Did you use custom resolution?

For the speed, there is a fast texture invalidation hack that could provide a speed boost (depends of Dx vs GL, Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel)
(05-17-2016, 07:44 PM)gregory Wrote: Did you use custom resolution?
Looks like 3x native, I believe custom res still has the half screen issue.
(05-17-2016, 07:44 PM)gregory Wrote: Did you use custom resolution?

For the speed, there is a fast texture invalidation hack that could provide a speed boost (depends of Dx vs GL, Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel)

Custom resolution, as in window size? I'm assuming that is not what you mean. I'm at 3x Native. Also, I'm already using the hack yes.
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000(Integrated) and nVidia GeForce GTX 970M 6GB (Dedicated)
I mean , the custom resolution upscaling setting from GSdx
You being on a laptop would explain the slowdowns in the tavern. Some parts of these games just hit the hardware harder then other parts. Also try using OpenGL hardware instead of Direct3D 11 hardware and see if that helps any.
(05-17-2016, 08:31 PM)Topken Wrote: You being on a laptop would explain the slowdowns in the tavern. Some parts of these games just hit the hardware harder then other parts. Also try using OpenGL hardware instead of Direct3D 11 hardware and see if that helps any.

Well it is a gaming laptop, but I suppose laptop is still laptop.

As for OpenGL, it did not seem to make any difference to the speed, and the frame buffer issue is as bad as ever.
Try latest git Wink
(05-17-2016, 11:01 PM)Soultpp Wrote: Well it is a gaming laptop, but I suppose laptop is still laptop.

As for OpenGL, it did not seem to make any difference to the speed, and the frame buffer issue is as bad as ever.

Your laptop cpu is sitting at the bare minimum for PCSX2 which is 1600STP. While you i7-3630QM has an STP of 1689 1800+ is for mid games while 2000+ is for the heaviest games and even then there are a number of games that won't hit full speed no matter the cpu and the snowblind engine games use to be such games until gregory has gotten his hands dirty with the code that is.

For reference my i5 3570k without the overclock I have sits at roughly 2k STP and I still see slowdowns from time to time in these games. not nearly as bad as they use to be of course. with my 4.2ghz overclock my STP is much higher
I will update to the newest GIT as suggested and see what comes of it.

I don't know what STP is and how mine is considered so low. I know the computer is a couple years old, but I was running PCSX2 fine for most of that time with the occasional hiccup of course.

Edit: So the newest GIT did seem to solve my frame buffer problem. Thanks.