Wierd problem.. cant get AA to work
Ok, so my specs are, 8800 gts, newest driver, and using nhancer..

However I've tried both nhancer and the nvidia built in settings and can't tell a single difference in looks or performance no matter what settings I put it on.

What's even weirder is even changing the internal resolution doesn't seem to make a difference, I even put it on the highest possible setting of 4000 something and it still ran full speed with no change in graphics.

Sponsored links

(03-11-2009, 04:12 AM)zebus Wrote: Ok, so my specs are, 8800 gts, newest driver, and using nhancer..

However I've tried both nhancer and the nvidia built in settings and can't tell a single difference in looks or performance no matter what settings I put it on.

What's even weirder is even changing the internal resolution doesn't seem to make a difference, I even put it on the highest possible setting of 4000 something and it still ran full speed with no change in graphics.

Have you followed the guide here : http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1051...pcsx2.html ?

The internal res does not exactly correspond to AA, but it looks like it because you're in fact increasing the resolution of a game, the PS2 has if I remember well a 512*512 internal res. If you double this, it will be the same a 2X supersampling which is a little better than AA on some surfaces.

I don't know which games you are trying but increasing internal res should result in better graphics with less visible aliasing. In some games it's noticed better if you put the same two values in internal res, in other that's less visible.

Anyway, to activate AA, try to configure Nhancer as shown in my link, I tested it on FFX I could see the difference but that doesn't work for every games.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
(03-11-2009, 02:18 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-11-2009, 04:12 AM)zebus Wrote: Ok, so my specs are, 8800 gts, newest driver, and using nhancer..

Have you followed the guide here : http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1051...pcsx2.html ?

The internal res does not exactly correspond to AA, but it looks like it because you're in fact increasing the resolution of a game, the PS2 has if I remember well a 512*512 internal res. If you double this, it will be the same a 2X supersampling which is a little better than AA on some surfaces.

I don't know which games you are trying but increasing internal res should result in better graphics with less visible aliasing. In some games it's noticed better if you put the same two values in internal res, in other that's less visible.

Anyway, to activate AA, try to configure Nhancer as shown in my link, I tested it on FFX I could see the difference but that doesn't work for every games.

yea, i had done some research and found that guide before making this topic and pretty sure I followed it exactly.

However as of right now I only have one game, Persona 4, so I guess that could explain why its not working for me since as you say it doesn't work for every game.

AA works with the ZeroGS plugin, its just slow as heck on anything above 2x/4x, guess I'll stick with it for this game, better than nothing.
It works for Persona4 I used that game to test it out myself.
(03-11-2009, 04:44 PM)zebus Wrote:
(03-11-2009, 02:18 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:

yea, i had done some research and found that guide before making this topic and pretty sure I followed it exactly.

However as of right now I only have one game, Persona 4, so I guess that could explain why its not working for me since as you say it doesn't work for every game.

AA works with the ZeroGS plugin, its just slow as heck on anything above 2x/4x, guess I'll stick with it for this game, better than nothing.

The thing is, if you enable the NATIVE option next to Dx internal resolution then no matter what resolution you enter in there, the plugin will use the resolution which is game specific and AA will not work.
Well I'm pretty sure that's wrong I think it still works it's just not as noticeable due to being worse off to start with. Just make sure you are using DirectX9 and have with screen set to your screen res the internal res.