Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiimote & Nunchuk in PCSX2?
Bought 'em along with a bluetooth dongle myself yesterday. Here are the details:
  1. Official Wii Remote Plus ($60)
    • Model: RVL-A-WRWA(JPN). The box reads: "FOR SALE AND USE IN JAPAN ONLY. COMMERCIAL USE AND RENTAL PROHIBITED." Thanks god it is NOT a TR Wiimote Plus. It is shown as 'RVL-CNT-01'. Tongue
    • Color: Shiro. Angry I didn't read the box until I returned home. Thought it was white the first time I saw it. Guess I cannot return it in exchange for a white one now. The service in this cursed country is ***** like it is.
    • The other text is written in Japanese which I cannot read.
  2. Official Nunchuk ($25)
    • Model: RVL-A-FW(KOR). The box reads: "FOR SALE AND USE IN KOREA ONLY. COMMERCIAL USE AND RENTAL PROHIBITED."
    • Color: White.
    • The other text is written in Korean which I cannot read.
My question is how to make these things to work with PCSX2? Imagine I can control Kratos with a Wiimote and destroy ev'rything in my room with it. Cool

As of now I haven't even tried 'em with Dolphin yet because I have no Wii game at the moment. Dunno if a Japanese Wiimote is compatible with a Korean Nunchuk. Unsure I bought them from 2 different stores.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60

Sponsored links

Waittttt, Shiro is white and u want a white one, now im confuse? @_@

Iirc there was a post in the forums about the wiimote and pcsx2, but i cant find it xDDDDDD, maybe was another forum...... >_<
I can nether speak nor read Japanese. I saw the line written in the front of the Wiimote box (Color: shiro) and the line on the Nunchuk box (Color: White) so I thought they were different colors. Wacko Is English knowledge of Japanese people worse than that of Korean people? Mellow

Anyway, Dolphin supports the DualShock 2, so why does PCSX2 not support the Wiimote & Nunchuk? Rolleyes
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
Frankly speaking, I seriously don't think that PCSX2 developers have any connection with Dolphin developers (unless, of course it is stated otherwise). Its like blaming PCSX2 developers by asking "Dolphin supports the DualShock 2, so why does PCSX2 not support the Wiimote & Nunchuk?"
Dolphin supports any gamepad that uses DirectInput or Xinput, so if a Dualshock2 works with Dinput, Dolphin reads it just fine. PCSX2 can work the same way with a wiimote and nunchuk, but you'll have to connect the wiimote to the computer and then assign the buttons to Dinput. To do that, you need Glovepie and PPjoy. I'd rather not go through the process here, so I'll leave it up to you to find the tutorials online. But to just cover the gist of it, you use glovepie to pair the wiimote with the PC, and to assign buttons to values the computer can recognize (glovepie script), then use PPjoy to create a controller in Dinput with values that PCSX2 can read.

I've used Glovepie/PPjoy for my classic controller pro for ages. A little clunky, but it works.
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
/to "Electric Shock" I know that Dolphin supports generic game controllers, not the DualShock 2. It works only because the USB adapter converts it to a standard controller. I did not blame anyone. I meant playing a game on some console using another console controller is quite fun, although it is not always practical.

/to MaJoR Glovepie and PPjoy? I'll mess with them for some hours and I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks for giving me the names of the tools I need.
(06-24-2012, 08:02 AM)Livy Wrote: Anyway, Dolphin supports the DualShock 2, so why does PCSX2 not support the Wiimote & Nunchuk? Rolleyes

This is unneeded.
i loled
Quote:Dunno if a Japanese Wiimote is compatible with a Korean Nunchuk.

it's not like they speaking with each other. it should do just fine... technically.