Wiki down?
(06-24-2017, 10:59 PM)refraction Wrote: It's not a case of setting up a temporary wiki, the wiki software that runs it all really isn't happy with our server at the moment, as soon as somebody goes to it, it brings the server to it's knees, so we can't have any form of the wiki running at all until we fix it.

We will get it done, we've just been busy with life stuff.

Well... if you can't host it then can you upload the wiki backup to mega/mediafire?

Sponsored links

I can't, because I don't have access to it, nor do I know how to get it off Tongue

But I doubt it's as simple as that as it runs off a database, you can't run a database on mega or mediafire.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Github page https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/wiki points to the wiki, which is down. I think that a mention in there about the currently unavailability, and maybe a hyperlink to this forum, would be nice. Agree?

EDIT: No objections were presented, so I edited.
I just wanna say for those who are eagerly waiting for this to come back online (I know I am) try using way back machine, I managed to get an accurate enough snapshot to fix my issues with my game.

I do hope we can get this thing back soon though Sad
A month+ is a long time for a web admin to never even check in once. Hope the back-end isn't so crippled you can't make a backup.
Seriously lol. What's falcon doing? At this rate I'm tempted to say - ***** it all. And let's all migrate to wikia or some ***** like that.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
OK first things first.
1) We have safe backups of everything, there is NO WAY something will be lost
2) The wiki has been deployed and works normally for a time. After some unknown time (max 2 days) something goes wrong and it takes down everything else with it, thus we disabled it until we find the cause/investigate it
3) Falcon doesn't have time, he gave us root access 2 weeks ago but neither me nor refraction have his experience in linux server administration
4) With my limited knowledge, i just re-enabled the wiki after changing some settings that seemed to cause some errors logged in the error log, dunno if they will be fixed or even if these were the cause of the crashes
5) If ***** go wrong, don't bug me, I'm trying here Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Just an idea maybe that can be tried - but I just noticed the Wiki is running off version 1.26.4

Might it not be a good idea to update it to the latest MediaWiki version? Since these problems started to occur after upgrading the server stuff, it might be some incompatiblity issue with the older MediaWiki version.

[Edit]
[Image: UUAZeU5.png]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle

Even the mediawiki page itself states 1.26.x versions are obsolete due to possible major bugs, security issues, etc.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(07-08-2017, 12:17 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Might it not be a good idea to update it to the latest MediaWiki version? Since these problems started to occur after upgrading the server stuff, it might be some incompatiblity issue with the older MediaWiki version.

If I had a penny for every time that has been suggested since this problem began, I'd quit my dayjob Tongue Apparently nobody wants to try it, I have no idea why.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's not that. I haven't updated it to the latest version because the captcha we used and worked was no longer working with the new version (made the update on a sandbox). I do not want to risk changing anything captcha wise after what we've been through with spammers there...
[Image: newsig.jpg]