Wild Arms 3 Battle Speed
Wild Arms 3 runs pretty fine, only in battle the fps drop and i am not able to understand why since the window says that my gs and cpu aren't at full capacity.
It has to do sth with the gsdx, since speedhacks don't change anything, native resolution and disabled 8 bit textures do, so my only question is why the gs isn't at 100% but only ~50%.

Am I missing sth?

using 0.9.7
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi

Sponsored links

Yes, you are missing something.
Take a look at this thread, and after that, you should be able to understand why the gs is being only ~50%.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-pr...bottleneck
If you still don't know after reading it, you may want to show your settings for the game so that one could help better.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(06-08-2010, 09:34 PM)raidenwrath Wrote: Wild Arms 3 runs pretty fine, only in battle the fps drop and i am not able to understand why since the window says that my gs and cpu aren't at full capacity.
It has to do sth with the gsdx, since speedhacks don't change anything, native resolution and disabled 8 bit textures do, so my only question is why the gs isn't at 100% but only ~50%.

I have this too, I actually think of it as a feature cause when I see neither EE/GS get to ~90% and still get FPS slowdowns I know it's my resolution that's too high Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
hi

i have speed problem but unlike you the game run fast 60fps in battle and fields but i have problem when the text are appear and the fps drop to 45 and nothing that i try can fix that could you please sent your config and how you could play games without a text problem

thanksBiggrin

my system:cpuTongue2henom2 x3 710 2.6 overclock to 3.0 gpu:ati 4850 1gig ram:2gig ddr2 800
Try "native" in GSdx or just a lower resolution, "allow 8-bit textures" could help or make it worse.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Quote:Yes, you are missing something.
Take a look at this thread, and after that, you should be able to understand why the gs is being only ~50%.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-pr...bottleneck
If you still don't know after reading it, you may want to show your settings for the game so that one could help better.

Doesn't really help, since I already posted that my EE AND GS aren't at full capacity. My settings are also quite clear when I say that speedhacks don't change anything and I play with native resolution, well maybe i should mention dx10.
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi
Get used to it. It's something with the text and the windows that wild arms 3 uses. It also happens with Wild Arms ACF, though not to the same extent. Even in native it drops to 45fps in battle. Just turn on the new async audio feature in the SPU and ignore the FPS drop cuz that new option wont slow down the sound so you won't really notice it as much. I have the same problems as you do and my specs are better than yours. Its the emulator, not a bottleneck or anything like that.

This emulator is still beta and the game uses a code that bogs down the GS, there are several games that do, it's been discussed before, however, the coders may not fix this issue if it causes other things to break, so therefore that's probably why this issue hasn't been fixed in the past couple thousand SVN's. The game is playable so its not a priority and there is no known fix.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
Quote:Just turn on the new async audio feature in the SPU and ignore the FPS drop cuz that new option wont slow down the sound so you won't really notice it as much.

Now that's nice to know, i didn't notice that it was implemented and thus far only peops had this feature (though always on) but had some problems with WA3. This will help, thanks.