Wild Arms 5 Battle+World Map Problem
When a battle starts, fps gets between 45-55. I tried a battle with Asgard and the emulator runs perfectly. In world map, the character moves slowly. Sound is perfect. Other JRPG games runs without problem with 3x-4x native like Grandia 3, so I think the problem is not from my PC. I tried the latest PCSX2 version but no effect. I want the best configuration known for this game. There is a Hack for WA games called "WildArmsOffset', should I have to enable it?

Intel core 2 Quad.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.

4GB RAM DDR2.

Windows 7 SP1 x64.

Sponsored links

To be perfectly honest, I would say that your hardware is definitely bottlenecking performance. All of the components you listed are at least 6+ years old. Regardless of which Core2 model you have, the STP (single threaded performance) is going to be too low to run every game perfectly.
(06-03-2016, 05:33 AM)CK1 Wrote: To be perfectly honest, I would say that your hardware is definitely bottlenecking performance. All of the components you listed are at least 6+ years old. Regardless of which Core2 model you have, the STP (single threaded performance) is going to be too low to run every game perfectly.

Just to make sure, I want to try this game with the suitable and known settings.
default settings are best.
the wild arms offset will prevent some graphical glitches, but won't boost performance.
better keep playing on your PS2 console until you can afford a better computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are you using the MTVU speedhack(Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab)?
And have you tried increasing the EE and VU sliders(individually, on step at a time to see how it changes, it can make it worse) in Speedhacks?
(06-03-2016, 09:25 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Are you using the MTVU speedhack(Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab)?
And have you tried increasing the EE and VU sliders(individually, on step at a time to see how it changes, it can make it worse) in Speedhacks?

Yes I am using MTVU hack since I've got a processor with 4 cores . And yes I increased the EE to 2 and VU to 1. Fps is always above 40.