Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WildArms Offset?
I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII and I have artifacts on text at 4x Native Resolution. I read that to fix this I need to enable "WildArms Offset", but I can't find this option. Using GSdx, can anyone help me out?

Of course, as soon as I post I find it. lol

Sponsored links

Im not in front of my emulation machine but in the graphics config there is an Enable HW Hacks option. Check it and press the Configure button next to it and a new window will pop up.
http://s2.postimg.org/zey3vkheh/image.png

Check the hack (there is a box and a check mark which half sets it and sets it fully). I *think* you want the full check for the text but keep in mind, that it borks up the HP and magic bars.
http://s28.postimg.org/z9ap42hot/image.png

Keep in mind that I am using 1.0.0 because it plays all my games flawlessly. Your screens may be slightly different if you are using 1.1.0
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
Intel Core i5-4690K - OC'ed to 4.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro H105
Indigo Xtreme 115X-XS Metallic TIM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
PCSX2 1.4.0 unless otherwise specified
Thanks! I got that set, but now the HP/MP bars are inaccurate. Seems it's a tradeoff.
Yeah. Unfortunately the only way around it is to disable the hack and go to native res
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
Intel Core i5-4690K - OC'ed to 4.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro H105
Indigo Xtreme 115X-XS Metallic TIM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
PCSX2 1.4.0 unless otherwise specified
Is there a way to do CRT emulation with PCSX2? Like, the curved image, scanlines and all? If I could get it to do that then native res wouldn't look so bad, because a lot of the flaws would be getting covered up with the "old tech" look.
Shortcut is F7. There are some available.

I am still wondering what could be the advantage of scanlines.
Even in 2D I don't like it.