Will KH 1 work at a reasonable speed on my computer?
Hey,

I was wondering if my computer would be able to run KH 1 at a reasonable framerate (50+). If so at what settings and where?, Thanks Biggrin

Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Pheneom 8850 triple-core
3GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5450 (low profile)
PCSX2 1.0

Sorry if i posted this in a wrong thread or something...lol

Sponsored links

KH1 should run reasonably on your machine. I am able to play KH2 on an i3-2120,GT540M laptop as well as an i7 rig with a radeon hd 5450. What is the clock speed of your Phenom? As long as it's above 2ghz you should be fine. You may even be able to run the game at 2 or 3x res too Smile, just remember to choose DX11 Hardware in the GSdx settings.
Ya my Phenom is at 2.4Ghz and the only problem is because when i look at destiny islands from the small island riku is on i drop to like 35 fps Sad
(09-09-2012, 12:15 AM)Generalcckid Wrote: Ya my Phenom is at 2.4Ghz and the only problem is because when i look at destiny islands from the small island riku is on i drop to like 35 fps Sad

That's weird, I don't remember anything like that happening. All I can suggest it to get past that part of the game and if something like it happens again start enabling speedhacks, lowering resolution, etc.

EDIT: Make sure that you are also using the plugins and plugin settings that take full advantage of your hardware, your phenom should support SSE3 and the radeon hd 5450 definitely supports DX11.
ill have to play with it again but for some weird reason pcsx2 doesnt accept my sse3 processor. i know it has sse3 too

EDIT:omg it actually works now THANK YOU!@#!@#!@# now to see if i can up the RES Laugh
(09-09-2012, 12:12 AM)thunder21 Wrote: KH1 should run reasonably on your machine.

[...]

What is the clock speed of your Phenom? As long as it's above 2ghz you should be fine.

Umm, his CPU is a Phenom, not a Phenom II. That's terrible for emulation, from my understanding. o_0

(09-09-2012, 12:12 AM)thunder21 Wrote: I am able to play KH2 on an i3-2120,GT540M laptop as well as an i7 rig with a radeon hd 5450.

Not really relevant, since those processors are way better for PCSX2 than what the TC has.
(09-09-2012, 12:23 AM)Generalcckid Wrote: ill have to play with it again but for some weird reason pcsx2 doesnt accept my sse3 processor. i know it has sse3 too

EDIT:omg it actually works now THANK YOU!@#!@#!@# now to see if i can up the RES Laugh

because it isnt sse3 it is ssSe3 only intle supports it and amd only supports sse2.